Coordinator, Donor Services
New York, NY /
Office of the Chief Development Officer (CDO) – Direct Response /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
This position supports the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Planned Parenthood Action Fund, and Planned Parenthood Federal PAC outreach and engagement efforts by providing outstanding customer care to key external and internal constituencies. The Donor Services Coordinator provides quality support to donors, corporate companies, affiliates, and the general public.
PURPOSE: As one of the first representatives of Planned Parenthood a supporter encounters, the Coordinator must be courteous, professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The Coordinator works with the Donor Services team to ensure that all donor calls,emails and mail are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establishes quality supporter relations by handling donor-related issues and opportunities. Interacts with donors via phone, mail, e-mail and database case ticketing system. Provides information in response to enquiries about the organization, specific donation concerns, and complaints. Processes and resolves issues, comments, and information requests on a timely basis to ensure donor satisfaction.
- Takes and processes credit card donations as well as refunds over the phone and via mail.
- Ensures that donor records are properly maintained and coded with solicitation and contact preferences, address changes, name changes, and other donor preferences and updates.
- Reviews and responds to voicemails.
- Assists with PAC and Action Fund compliance by contacting donors and confirming gift intent.
- Produces and sends duplicate gift acknowledgements for donors.
- Follows up with donors, colleagues, affiliates, vendors, and others to ensure that all inquiries have been responded to and resolved.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years experience in development or customer service-related work.
- Exceptional customer service and telephone skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office products and Google suite.
- Database experience strongly preferred, familiarity with EveryAction or Salesforce a plus.
- Strong communication and customer service / interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Good organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle stress and pressure with a pleasant and friendly style.
- Willingness to work extra hours if needed, sometimes with little advance notice.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, experience working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.