Associate Director of Evaluation & Learning
New York, NY
Health Care – Research & Evaluation
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Associate Director of Evaluation & Learning works with a high degree of independence under the
direction of the Senior Director of Research & Evaluation. This position is responsible for designing,
conducting, and overseeing program and project evaluations; building the National Office’s capacity to
monitor and assess the processes and outcomes of our work; and supervises evaluation staff and interns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as evaluation lead for selected studies and projects, drafting proposals and evaluation plans, identifying steps in the project/study cycle, and monitoring work plans.
- Oversees a developing work stream of organizational evaluation and learning: directs the development and dissemination of systems, tools, and templates to standardize program monitoring and evaluation across national office initiatives.
- Presents evaluation findings to internal stakeholders and external stakeholders at academic conferences and meetings.
- Recommends and advises on evaluation design, methodology, and tools that meet organizational and departmental objectives.
- Collaborates with national office staff to design and implement project and program evaluations.
- Develops and maintains a collection of evaluation tools, resources, and documents including an evaluation compendium and toolkit.
- Supervises one full-time, masters-level evaluator.
- Supports the work of evaluation staff and interns, managing timelines and overseeing study design, implementation, and data analysis and the drafting of reports, briefs, and papers on findings.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Master’s degree required in a relevant social science or public health field with 5 or more years of directly related work experience in monitoring and evaluation; or doctoral degree or candidacy with 3 or more years of directly related work experience.
- Experience with or organizational development / learning / performance management is a plus.
- Intermediate level skills / experience with quantitative analysis.
- Advances skills / experience with qualitative analysis.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to plan ahead and foresee needs and problems.
- Ability to train and supervise staff and interns.
- Ability to work independently.
- Professionalism in performing work.
- Effective communication, organizational and management skills.
- Efficiency, accuracy, high productivity.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.