2020 Summer Intern-Editorial & Culture
New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
APPLICATIONS AND REFERRALS FOR THIS POSITION ARE CLOSED (January 26, 2020)
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Communication & Culture Division seeks a 2020 Editorial & Culture summer intern with a strong passion for research and women's health and reproductive rights. The ideal candidate is a journalism, communications — or related — major who is eager to gain newsroom-like experience and exposure. The summer experience will be divided between research/fact-checking assignments and light editing. Candidate will help the team track and coordinate weekly review for press releases, blogs, memos, news articles and more, covering an array of health and advocacy topics.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs research and fact-checking work for the communications team and other divisions.
- Keeps up-to-date on new research and media coverage to inform work.
- Edit and/or coordinate review for internal and external communications.
- Coordinates between multiple departments in the national office to improve workflow.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current undergraduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Comfort in fast-paced environments with shifting deadlines.
- Passion for facts, stats and language, with superior skills in grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax and vocabulary.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Experience with Google Docs.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.