Director, Office of the CISO
New York, NY
Operations – Information Security
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a Director, Office of the CISO. This job reports to the CISO in the Information Security division of PPFA. The Office of Information Security provides the strategy and implementation of the information security program that safeguards the data entrusted to Planned Parenthood by its patients, supporters, donors and staff.
Purpose: The Director is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations, administration and project management for the Information Security division including but not limited to planning for key deadlines and meetings to ensure work is on track, managing the IS budget, owning the division-wide calendar and ensuring that the CISO is prepared for all meetings and events. This person will also provide direction and support for special projects and the building of new InfoSec capabilities.
- In this role we are looking for someone who is driven to get it right the first time, thinks logically, isn’t afraid to ask questions, and is also able to act independently while knowing when to ask for guidance or direction. The core deliverables for this role include but are not limited to:
- Operations and Administration:
- Serve as primary point of contact/lead to other divisions across the organization.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and mid-year reforecasting to ensure that IS has clear priorities that align with the National Office strategy and the resources to support them.
- Develop and manage a monitoring plan to ensure that policies and procedures are maintained.
- Work with the CISO on team effectiveness for the staff and leadership development for senior-level IS staff. Develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals and champion new ideas and initiatives.
- Portfolio Management:
- Monitor and support the portfolio of IS strategic projects and programs. Ensure IS is able to manage its project portfolio and execution by standardizing the management of projects, change and programs.
- Ensure the development of satisfactory change management plans for major operations initiatives.
- Drive strong, consistent communication and coordination across the IS division on major projects and initiatives that have a high degree of organizational impact.
- Information Security Leadership:
- Coordinate with CISO around employee engagement, ensuring that we are making strides to improve survey ratings and aligned as a division on top priorities.
- Serve as a thought partner to the CISO and help to resolve strategy and structural questions facing the division.
- Ensure the CISO maintains a high level of engagement with a variety of stakeholders including: staff, board members, and affiliates CEOs.
- Support CISO in ensuring integration and trouble shooting areas of concern between of programs and operations teams.
- Own division-wide engagement of managers and staff, including quarterly and semi-annual meetings, including planning staff retreats, helping to craft agendas.
- Oversee project managers and operations and administrative staff.
- Staff Events and Training.
- Manages special projects and takes on additional responsibilities as needed to support the needs of the IS division.
- Engagement: Work with senior staff across the organization to support relevant organizational management responsibilities
- Serve as point person and partner to Finance, IS, Facilities, Security, and IT on operational work related, consulting and serving as a hub where applicable.
- Work with the operations teams to develop tools to ensure coordination of projects and deliverables; support opportunities to better integrate and align core operations processes with organizational program needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- The ideal candidate will bring strong organizational skills and top-notch attention to detail to the position. They will have excellent relationship-building and problem-solving skills.
- Understands IS, why it is important in an organization, and how it operates day-to-day
- Consistently execute and manage high-quality work with multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- A sense of urgency necessary to drive change paired with the patience and flexibility to understand that not all demands are equal.
- Embraces quantitative and qualitative data as integral to developing strategy.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and advanced facilitation experience. Must be able to effectively communicate information to all levels of the organization.
- Quickly determine which problems and challenges can be resolved independently versus those that require input and the ability to make it so.
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential information and exercises a lot of professional and emotional maturity.
- Drives results without disenfranchising stakeholders or beneficiaries.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.