Washington, DC /
Office of the Chief Development Officer (CDO) – Direct Response /
Full Time - Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seek a highly-organized and detail-oriented Production Specialist. This job reports to the Associate Director, Digital Fundraising Operations on the Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement (DFSE) team. The DFSE team is responsible for running Planned Parenthood’s national email, SMS, and digital advertising programs to raise funds online, power advocacy work, and engage with Planned Parenthood supporters across the country.
- Responsible for implementation of the national SMS program, including creating and sending SMSs, drafting content and scripts for SMS and Hustle campaigns, and more in service of the organization’s fundraising, advocacy, and online engagement goals.
- Assists with execution of national email program, using HTML and CSS to code emails sent to Planned Parenthood’s supporter lists within our existing eCRM (currently EveryAction) and assists with production of associated landing pages and forms.
- Participates in quality assurance (QA) process for all outbound emails, SMS, and supporter-facing landing pages to ensure content distributed to supporter lists is error-free.
- Provides campaign support, technical guidance, and training on mobile technologies including broadcast SMS and Hustle.
- Assists with vetting and approvals for content associated with digital fundraising program, including emails, SMS, landing pages, etc.
- Provides customer care and inbox maintenance on mobile platforms for broadcast and peer-to-peer texting programs.
- Works across programs, coordinating with teams to accommodate mobile messaging requests, balancing advocacy actions, fundraising, and cultivation goals.
- Assists with day-to-day data operations for DFSE team, including creating audience segments for emails and SMS.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- 1.5 - 3 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 6 months experience in HTML/CSS required.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and re-prioritize work as needed.
- A fast learner who is eager to acquire new skills, take initiative, and jump in to help others.
- A strong commitment to race equity and anti-racism work.
- Must embody Planned Parenthood’s tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our colleagues.
- Experience with broadcast text messaging preferred.
- Experience working with advocacy tools or customer service preferred.
- EveryAction, VAN, Salesforce, Hustle or Mobile Commons experience a plus, but not required.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.