Specialist, Planned Parenthood Experience
New York, NY /
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Planned Parenthood Experience /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
- Functions as a core member of the Planned Parenthood Experience (PPX) team. Working under the guidance of the Associate Director, PPX, the Specialist is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to PPX. Responsibilities include scheduling and coordinating logistics for project activities, managing calendar for the PPX team and National Director, and assisting in the organization of communication, webinars, training and creative materials provided by PPX.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides staffing support to the PPX team and assists in taking meeting notes.
- Tracks and processes pay orders, invoices and travel and expenditure reports. Reconciles expenses and prepares, distributes and submits invoices for meetings and related expenditures.
- Manages logistical and technical support of virtual meetings, maximizing user experience by providing interactivity and tools for ongoing webinars.
- Support in-person meetings (when travel restrictions are lifted) by identifying space, setting up video conferences and/or planning meetings, and collecting and distributing relevant materials.
- Supports the PPX team by managing the various communication vehicles including the PPXtra Newsletter, the PPX email inbox, the Intranet, and the PPX Google drive.
- Arranges for affiliate visits by PPX staff, including coordination with affiliates, booking and coordinating travel logistics; and develops group lists for meetings.
- Provides logistical support in Employee Experience and Patient Experience program initiatives, scheduling requests, planning of events for affiliate and national staff. Assists in creating, compiling and editing ad hoc reports and presentations.
- Completes special projects as assigned and required.
- Conduct all duties with a very strong customer service focus to internal and external customers utilizing the organization’s In This Together workplace values and service standards.
- Day to Day activities support Planned Parenthood Experience programs or projects. Incumbent’s supervisor usually determines the desired objectives and priorities of the position.
- Independently solves routine problems that come up and selects solutions from a variety of established standards or procedures.
- Duties vary significantly from day-to-day and requires high level of customer service skills. Incumbent must be familiar with all departmental procedures and policies to be sure work meets all standards.
- Makes routine, relatively low-cost expenditures (such as office supplies); however, must receive prior approval from supervisor or department head.
- Internal contacts require regular work with staff in other departments, regional offices or affiliate service centers to produce work and ensure work products are on time and meet performance goals.
- No supervisory responsibility is required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience: 1-3 years of work experience, including directly related, progressively responsible work experience.
- Related Skills or Knowledge: Knowledge of Google plus. Computer literacy, including knowledge of the Intranet, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Excel and MS-Word. Strong customer relations and communications skills. Tolerance of and sensitivity to diversity. Demonstrated experience working.
- Strong customer service orientation includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner. Adaptability including teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Additionally, the incumbent must be willing to take initiative. Our department is fast paced with multiple large scale projects often occurring concurrently, incumbent will need to be resourceful and willing to try and learn.
Starting Salary: 60k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer