Specialist, Black Leadership & Engagement
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Strategic Partnerships
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Black Engagement Specialist will work with the Strategic Partnerships team, and report directly to the Director of Black Leadership and Engagement. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented with great interpersonal skills, flexibility, humor, good judgment, and able to jump in and support with needed projects and reports in an effective manner. This person would be a strong communicators and synthesize and clearly share information both in writing and verbally. This person would come with, build and strengthen relationships within Black communities and be expressly familiar with culture and issue areas of Black communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Director of Black Leadership & Engagement on the development and implementation of programs and events.
- Provides information and assistance to partner organizations and affiliates as needed.
- Proactively prepare correspondence and memo briefings as needed.
- Maintain Black partnership database.
- Develop newsletter for partners and affiliates to highlight Black work.
- Manage and track project timelines and workflow.
- Manage partnership events and conferences (not limited to set-up,marketing displays, table coordination and sponsorship management)
- Support external communications, internal proposals, and reports related to Black partnerships including monthly reports on overall Black engagement.
- Support central projects as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required.
- At least 2-3 years of related work experience in grassroots organizing, political campaigns, partnership development or similar experience preferred.
- Experience working in a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization.
- Experience developing partnerships with key advocacy and community groups and healthcare professionals, particularly in Black communities.
- Confidentiality requirement—frequently exposed to confidential information.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, progressive social change and empowering Black communities.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.