Temporary, Political Coordinator
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Political Coordinator. This position will provide operational support to the Organizing and Electoral Campaign (OEC) department at Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund, specifically around organizing campaigns, event planning, and financial operations. The ideal candidate is interested in learning how to run a non-profit and in gaining experience in community organizing campaigns. A successful candidate will enjoy a fast-paced work environment. Must be able to multitask between operational support and project-based work, as well as show keen interest in either political or organizing work. Please be aware this position is slated to end December 31, 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Director of Operations and direct administrative support and day to day calendar and workflow management for the team principal.
- Conduct financial administrative processes for the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns Department including expense tracking, processing payments for contracts and grants, and financial reconciliation.
- Administer contract(s) processes including requesting and executing contracts and grants as well as document management.
- Coordinate support for key meetings including preparation of materials and logistics.
- Serving as the primary operations liaison to the team including administrative support.
- Plan and execute logistics for large scale organizing events and campaigns across multiple departments and Planned Parenthood affiliates including conferences, lobby days, actions, and retreats.
- Managing budget and contracts processes for the team across programs and multiple funding streams/entities including budget tracking and technical assistance to department staff.
- Assisting with internal communications regarding field activities, including reports, newsletters, and updates to senior staff.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- At least one cycle of electoral campaign experience or community or issue based organizing experience required.
- Experience as a Planned Parenthood staff member, intern or volunteer leader preferred.
- At least one-two years of administrative experience.
- At least one cycle of electoral campaign experience and/ or community/issue based organizing experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Calendar and Google Drive required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Collaborative work style and ability to facilitate amongst diverse teams and individuals.
- Comfortable in ambiguity while also being able to create clarity and understanding for others.
- Comfortable getting to “yes” in a collaborative, consensus driven style.
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible style
- A direct and open style.
- Outstanding communication skills (spoken, written, presentation).
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- A smart and confident associate with a clear and informed opinion.
- Deep appreciation for the mission of PPFA.
- Diplomatic style; and high emotional intelligence.
- Integrity, independent thinking, and personal courage.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.