Prospect Development Coordinator, Principal & Major Gifts
New York, NY
Development – Principal & Major Gifts
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Principal and Major Gifts (PMG) team raises money for both Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) from individuals. Major gifts are defined as gifts of $25,000 with principal gifts starting at the $250,000 level.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Prospect Development Coordinator, Principal & Major Gifts. Reporting to the Associate Director, Prospect Research, this position provides support for Principal & Major Gifts work across National and Collaborative Fundraising Program (CFP) Affiliate partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Prospect Research, identifies new prospects with the capacity to make PMG level investments in Planned Parenthood, with particular focus on CFP markets.
- Assists the Associate Director, Prospect Management to prepare monthly metrics reports for National and the CFP PMG Teams Portfolio Managers.
- Assists Associate Director, Prospect Management & Director, Prospect Development to design and implement reports, dashboards and large scale analytics projects for National and CFP PMG teams.
- Ensures the accuracy of donor intelligence within Salesforce database including relationships, wealth information and capacity and inclination ratings.
- Ensures the accuracy of moves management data and PMG pipeline in Salesforce.
- Assists Associate Director, Prospect Research, Senior Specialist, Prospect Development and Director, Prospect Development to design and implement reports and other tools to present donor intelligence to Prospect Managers and Development Leadership in National and CFP Markets.
- Conducts in depth research and analysis on high capacity donors being cultivated and solicited for multi year investments in Planned Parenthood.
- Assists Director, Prospect Development & Senior Specialist, Prospect Development to onboard new CFP portfolios in SalesForce.
- Assists in the maintenance and accuracy of donor records.
- Maintains a directory of database reports for the principal and major gifts team.
- Maintains a directory of electronic resources for the principal and major gifts team.
- Administrative responsibilities such as filing, scanning and data entry.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 or more years of directly related fundraising/development experience required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Exceptional multitasker, with an attention to details.
- Unflappable, with excellent people skills, able to develop partnerships with internal
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.