Director, Retention Marketing & Donor Services
New York, NY
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Director, Retention Marketing & Donor Services who is responsible for standardizing outgoing donor journey communications and contact strategies tailored to engagement, retention, and upgrading. This includes (but is not limited to) supervising the design and production of acknowledgements, welcome series, surveys, loyalty & cultivation content, and sustainer upgrade. In addition to a focus on monthly giving programs, the Director will strategize and coordinate with other Development teams (e.g. Mid-Level, Gift Planning) to maximize the value of PPFA’s core Direct Response file and help build the donor pipeline.
The Director is responsible for optimizing inbound Donor Services performance and connecting varied streams of contact to systems and analytics, developing the DS team into a key source of business intelligence for the entire Direct Response program, and advancing Development and Organizational goals. As the internal expert on Direct Response donor relationship management, the Director develops policies and procedures around those relationships, ensuring proper use of systems. The Director will continually refine and standardize operating procedures that redirect savings in staff time to efforts that proactively facilitate donor interactions - increasing engagement, satisfaction, and donor loyalty. In addition this role will lead the development of a sophisticated Retention Marketing program while overseeing high-volume, gold standard Donor Services operations for all inquiries, complaints, and the delivery of other support and services to donors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and monitors donor engagement and retention marketing strategy through analytics, reporting and benchmarking.
- Designs campaigns to support donor loyalty through segmentation, marketing clusters and donor journeys.
- Partner with Development Systems and Analytics teams in developing business intelligence tools and relevant, actionable metrics and analytics.
- Conducts market research, e.g. through donor surveys to gauge donor priorities, engagement on issues and strength of connection to Planned Parenthood's mission and brand.
- Guides donor-centric channel integration across Low$, President’s Circle and DFSE teams and agency partners.
- Leverage the use of Salesforce and EveryAction databases to design donor experience and gather business intelligence for program.
- Directly manages the business relationship with outside vendors for the provision of inbound donor service center covering phones and email including after hours and weekends.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and PPFA business rules related to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, 501(c)3, 501(c)4, and Political Action Committee gift processing and fundraising guidelines, Federal Election Commission reporting, etc.
- Serves as the organizational expert on Donor Services and manages the Associate Director of Donor Services to implement appropriate policies and procedures through training of Planned Parenthood staff and external Donor Services personnel.
- Supervises the Associate Director of Monthly Giving, working to increase retention of donor revenue ($36MM annually) through donor contact, loyalty marketing, donor lifecycle and pre-lapse strategies.
- Supervises the Stock Program Specialist responsible for donor, broker, and interdepartmental communications (Development, Affiliate, Finance) related to the announcement, acceptance, processing, and acknowledgement of gifts of securities.
- Navigates organizational structures that are both departmental and matrixed
- Builds consensus within and among teams of PPFA staff and vendor partners to advance Retention Marketing objectives by implementing clearly articulated campaigns.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 6-10 years of work experience in fundraising, advocacy, or related commercial enterprise, especially direct experience with an inbound and outbound call centers.
- Expertise working across all donor communication channels and across different giving types/levels.
- Monthly giving program management and marketing expertise.
- Proficiency in Google/Microsoft documents, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Fluency in PPFA’s data platforms (Salesforce, EveryAction, Civis) and Mastery of business rules related to 501(c)3 & 501(c)4 tax statuses, National/State/Regional affiliated organizations, Payment Card Industry security standards, Political Action Committee, and FEC 527 compliance are desirable.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Monthly giving program management and marketing expertise.
- High level written and verbal communication skills necessary to produce memos, presentations, procedural documentation, agendas, etc.
- Proficiency with standard fundraising data, metrics, and reporting processes and the ability to provide original output.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.