2020 Summer Intern-Finance (2)
New York, NY
Operations – Finance
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic Finance Summer Intern. This internship reports to the Manager, FP&A in the Finance Department of PPFA. The Summer Intern in collaboration with Finance team members provides support for the entire accounting and treasury functions within the National Office. Operationally, the Summer Intern liaises with all Finance team members and provides analytical support to enable informed management decision-making.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop tools and reports to improve fidelity to and monitoring of budget.
- Develop budget awareness reports for program leaders and staff, to improve fidelity to budget and awareness of off-plan spending.
- Develop and distribute budget “cheat sheets” to help avoid coding errors.
- Create training materials related to the above.
- Engage stakeholders in assessment of how periodic reports are currently used and what gaps might exist.
- Develop new periodic reports informed by stakeholder engagement.
- Set up project plans including timelines in PM system (Smartsheets or Asana) for report development, reforecast, and annual budget.
- Create mapping of project and department codes across time to allow more meaningful analysis of historical trends.
- Perform an analysis or audit of Works and/or TER data to ascertain whether there are inequities in compliance with the travel and other expense policies across a number of dimensions (employee band, approver band, org unit, etc).
- Update cost per trip averages to inform guidance for next budget cycle.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- The candidate must be a Business or Public Administration major.
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving ability to evaluate problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
- Must be eager to learn, self-motivated, flexible, and accountable.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, MS Access.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Customer focused.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.