2020 Summer Intern-Communication & Culture Projects
Communications & Culture – Office of the SVP of Comm
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a 2020 Communication & Culture Projects summer intern to support the Office of the Senior Vice President of Communications and Culture. This job reports to the Director of Special Projects in the Communications and Culture Division of PPFA. The Communications and Culture Division creates and executes national and targeted communications campaigns that support and advance the organization’s mission and brand power.
The Intern will work within the Office of The SVP for Communications and Culture to support the day-to-day workflow of priority projects, including those within the office of the SVP, as well as projects that require work with other divisions.
The Intern will also have unique opportunities to pursue communications projects that match their specific interests, where possible.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The launch and ongoing management of major campaigns.
- Internal communications within Planned Parenthood’s national office, as well as those with our affiliates across the country.
- National events, including candidate forums, conferences, and high-level meetings.
- Administrative and operations projects including assisting with the team’s budget and compliance efforts.
- Supporting the SVP for Communications and Culture with administrative needs.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Strong familiarity with Google Office Applications (Gmail, Google Docs, etc.) as well as Microsoft Office tools
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working within a multicultural workforce, and a sensitivity to cultural differences is required.
- An understanding of structural racism a plus, and experience working in communities of color preferred.
- 0-25% there may be some (voluntary) opportunities to support out-of-town events, as-needed.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume and a cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.