2020 Summer Intern-Global Facilities
New York, NY
Operations – Facilities
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
For more than 45 years, Planned Parenthood Global, the international arm of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, has worked overseas to break down barriers to health care. In partnership with more than 100 organizations across Africa and Latin America, we advance the health and rights of young people, women, and families, with an emphasis on the most vulnerable and underserved. We don’t operate Planned Parenthood health centers outside the United States. Instead, we empower local partners and allies with resources, information, and support to stand strong on their own. We help grassroots organizations develop solid reproductive health programs, identify other sources of funding, build their communications and advocacy skills, and develop strategic plans.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Summer Intern who will ensure the efficient and effective function of various processes that contribute to the development and implementation of quality programs for Planned Parenthood Global. Reporting to the Senior Officer of Global Administration, the intern will help determine and lead initiatives that enhance the organizational capacity of the division to enable growth of its three main programs — advocacy, service delivery and social norms.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee development and implementation of procedures and systems to enable program growth.
- Further integrate Planned Parenthood Global systems into PPFA-wide systems, especially ensuring that changes to PPFA enterprise systems incorporate specific needs of Planned Parenthood Global.
- Research and implement solutions to improve efficiency and strengthen cross regional learning within division.
- Outreach to operations staff in Africa Regional Office and Latin America Regional Office and advocate to various PPFA support divisions on their behalf.
- Ensure appropriate logistics and infrastructure to enable the Division to deliver on strategy.
- Coordinate actions to monitor progress against operational goals.
- Build capacity of staff members to address systems/operational challenges to delivery of quality programs.
- Ensure the legal registration of PP Global offices and operations in the countries where we work.
- Work closely with the Office of General Counsel to draft and gather legal and registration documents.
- Monitor the registration status of our offices and special projects to enhance or expand Planned Parenthood Global operations, as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current undergraduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Fluent oral and written communications skills in English required; Spanish and/or French speaking ability (including writing/reading at intermediate level) preferred but not required.
- A persuasive, diplomatic and articulate demeanor.
- Attention to detail and ability to independently drive projects forward.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice.
- Knowledge of diverse groups and the ability to work with a multicultural workforce required. Experience living/working in developing countries preferred.
- An ability to quickly triage competing interests such that those which are most important are given the direct attention of the team.
- The knowledge to determine which problems and challenges can be resolved independently and the ability to make it so.
- Strong communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail while able to multi-task.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.