Washington, DC /
Office of the Senior Vice President, Policy Campaigns & Advocacy (PCA) – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns /
Full Time - Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seeks a staff person to fill the role of Executive Coordinator for the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns Department.
This position provides operational support for the Planned Parenthood Action Fund Executive Director and the Vice-President of Organizing & Electoral Campaigns as well as ongoing special projects as assigned. This job reports to the Associate Director of Organizing Operations in the Organizing & Electoral Campaigns department of PPFA.
- The Executive Coordinator plays a critical function in ensuring the success of the OEC department. This role provides principal management support to the VP of OEC and Executive Director of the Action Fund and helps to run the department as a whole, in collaboration with the Associate Director of Organizing Operations.
- Serve as a member of the Management and Operations team in the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns department including direct administrative support for the Planned Parenthood Action Fund Executive Director and the Vice-President of Organizing & Electoral Campaigns.
- Provide complex scheduling, meeting management, and travel support to the Planned Parenthood Action Fund Executive Director and the Vice-President of Organizing & Electoral Campaigns.
- Provide credit card reconciliation for the Planned Parenthood Action Fund Executive Director, the Vice-President of Organizing & Electoral Campaigns, and special departmental projects.
- Provide support for high-priority and time-sensitive projects and presentations.
- Planning and executing logistics for large-scale organizing events and campaigns across multiple departments and Planned Parenthood affiliates including conferences, lobby days, actions, and retreats as assigned.
- Support the Associate Director of Operations i n ensuring departmental compliance.
- Provides logistical support for department-specific meetings.
- Act as the point of contact between the Executive Director and VP of OEC for internal/external clients.
- Assisting with internal communications regarding field activities, including reports, memorandums, and updates to the board and to senior staff.
- Support the Associate Director of Organizing Operations in Action Fund board affairs, not limited to: presentation preparation, note-taking bi-weekly board calls, staffing the Action Fund Board program committee.
- Support the Associate Director of Organizing Operations in logistics for public affairs accreditation processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Background of direct EA experience to an executive.
- Exemplary planning & time management skills.
- Mastery and ability to use Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to exercise judgment and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of our executives and be proactive in providing solutions.
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible and focuses on problem-solving.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple requests and projects at one time.
- A team player committed to collaboration and the success of the Management and Operations vision.
- A deep appreciation for the mission of PPFA.
- Experience as a Planned Parenthood staff member or volunteer leader is a plus.
- Event planning experience preferred.
- 0-25% (Domestic)
Starting Salary: 51k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer