Director, Data & Analysis, Digital Fundraising and Supporter Engagement
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Director of Data & Analysis, DFSE. The incumbent will be responsible for business intelligence reporting, analysis, and data management for the Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement team and will be available to the Development division for multi-channel analysis. This role will develop new analytic products from concept through production. This position reports to the Senior Director, Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design new analytics products and models from methodology through coding, quality assurance process, and presentation.
- Apply direct marketing experience and analysis expertise to develop new ways to understand donor behavior that will contribute to fundraising efforts and improve donor retention and engagement.
- Provide senior strategy staff in DFSE and Direct Marketing with data-driven strategy insights across fundraising and digital engagement efforts.
- Create compelling presentations to clearly communicate analysis findings to internal audiences and external partners, providing specific recommendations for tests/programmatic changes.
- Lead the creation of a new business intelligence suite of reports for all DFSE activities, using Tableau or similar platform.
- Work with staff across the Division to understand and meet their analytic needs.
- Serve as an advisor to information management staff responsible for the design and maintenance of the structure of the data housed in Civis Platform.
- Create standards for DFSE data staff including processes for report development, quality assurance, documentation, and definitions for fundraising metrics.
- Advise information management staff on end user needs including needs for analysis, data science, and business intelligence.
- With the business intelligence analyst, assess software and software-as-service options to serve the DFSE team’s business needs following Information Security and Information Technology guidelines.
- Manage a team including a business intelligence analyst and Data Manager.
- Promote a team culture of continuous learning and rigorous data quality and accuracy standards.
- Train the business intelligence analyst to maintain and improve the BI reports.
- Manage resources and projects for the DFSE data staff ensuring successful and timely completion of projects.
- Actively mentor team members and arrange for continued education in business intelligence, analysis, and data science.
- Provide thought leadership to continue to improve the services provided by this team to all fundraising staff.
- Collaborate closely with other staff with data responsibilities to realize a cohesive data program including Development Systems and Data and Analytics teams.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 6 years of nonprofit direct marketing strategy experience.
- 2 years of multi-channel direct marketing program management experience.
- 3 years experience leading direct marketing program analysis from data request to coding to client presentation.
- Advanced SQL skills for manipulating data for analysis.
- Extensive experience creating analytics products to assess a direct marketing program’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Experience leading the selection and definition of KPIs.
- Professional experience and fluency with conducting analysis using a statistical software package, such as R, SPSS, STATA, NumPy, Pandas, etc.
- Proven ability to design behavioral analysis in order to improve fundraising results.
- Strong executive-level client facing skills and the ability to communicate complex analytical concepts with confidence to a non-technical executive audience.
- Expertise selecting context-appropriate modeling, analysis, and reporting techniques, with hands-on skills with common marketing analytics techniques.
- Expertise with multi-channel campaign management and supporting technologies.
- Experience in using a CRM to manage supporter or donor data records.
- Advanced Excel fluency.
- Outstanding data analysis and statistical skills.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- High attention to detail and strong organization ability.
- Proven experience managing analytics projects for multiple clients (internal or external).
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to learn new skills and adapt to changing technology.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.