Partnerships Project Manager
Washington, DC /
Office of the Senior Vice President, Policy Campaigns & Advocacy (PCA) – Strategic Partnerships /
Full Time - Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks an effective and thoughtful Partnerships Manager. This job reports to the National Director of Strategic Partnerships in the Strategic Partnerships team of PPFA. The Strategic Partnerships team provides strategy support and execution of areas related to key constituency communities, faith leaders and clergy, national progressive partnerships and cross movement issues working across departments within the organization and supporting affiliates across the country.
- In collaboration with the National Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Manager will be the daily point person and primary source of support and guidance for executing partnerships projects, programs and events that support our overall national partnerships’ footprint.
- Develop and execute strategies to support the overall engagement plan under the leadership of the National Director of Strategic Partnerships. Be involved in early discussions to define and understand the desired goals and outcomes and development of programs and events.
- Plan, initiate, and oversee execution of all elements of a project, program or event, tracking project timelines and workflow to ensure deadlines and desired impacts are met and working with multiple internal teams to delegate tasks or significant portions of the project and help maintain a broad overall view of the entire project throughout.
- Serve as project manager on partnership work including cross movement and faith engagement work and our team’s affiliate engagements around local state fights and advocacy efforts focusing on advancing partnership, cross movement an constituency engagement goals in select states.
- Manage the execution of internal webinars, conferences, and convenings to uplift lessons learned, best practices, and overall thinking around partnership and cross movement work and our affiliate’s experience.
- Manage the execution of external partnership events and conferences, including but not limited to speaker and volunteer recruitment, workshop planning, set-up, marketing displays, table coordination and sponsorship management.
- Manage our team’s support and engagement around key observances that is done in collaboration across departments.
- Manage our team’s engagements around research and data analysis projects for different constituencies.
- Manage and oversee a metrics-driven reporting system to track progress for quarterly and yearly reports. Develop quarterly and year-end reports reports based on program needs, required deliverables and data obtained on overall partnership engagement. Provide timely and comprehensive reports and presentations to leadership on project progress designed to elevate lessons learned and impact from the partnerships team.
- Maintain the national partnership database with the support of the Administrative Coordinator.
- Supervise fellowship and internship programs on the team with the support of the Administrative Coordinator.
- Support internal and external communications and provide appropriate direction, information, assistance and follow-up across departments, affiliates and partners as needed.
- Build and expand Planned Parenthood’s reach into and connection with national progressive organizations and key partners.
- Build relationships across the National Office and affiliates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience in grassroots organizing, political campaigns, partnership development or similar experience preferred.
- Proven track record of project management and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in a highly-matrixed environment.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and deadline driven in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to proactively develop solutions to problems and challenges in your project management and know when to ask for help and support.
- Strong oral and/or written communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong, effective partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders to work effectively across multiple divisions internally, soliciting feedback and input from significant stakeholder groups nationally.
- Knowledgeable of diverse communities, able to work with a multicultural workforc and will have sensitivity to and appreciation for cultural differences and commitment to race equity and anti-racism work.
- Experience working in a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization.
Starting Salary: 75k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer