Director, Solution Architect - InfoSec
Office of the EVP & Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Information Security /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Security Solution Architect. This job reports directly to the Sr. Dir, Security Architect in the Information Security division of PPFA. The Office of the Chief Information Security Officer provides the strategy and implementation of the information security program that safeguards the data entrusted to Planned Parenthood by its patients, supporters, donors and staff.
- The Director, Solution InfoSec Architect will work within a multi-disciplined team to provide expertise to Planned Parenthood Affiliates and Ancillaries on Data, Application, Network, Endpoint, cloud security, and support information security initiatives. This role will leverage best security practices and our target end state architecture. Additionally, this position must be able to assess business processes, customer needs and tailor solutions (moderate to complex in nature) to align to the business short-term and long-term strategic priorities. The Solution InfoSec Architect must be well versed in Information Security technologies in order to fully meet customer expectations. This position must be able to justify costs related to design, implementation and training.
- The Solution InfoSec Architect will deliver by consulting on design, support and management of information security technologies for the national office and, as part of the Shared Services model, support Ancillaries and Affiliates in design and implementation (environments include but not limited to AWS, MS-Azure, and GSuite).
- Analyze customer needs, issues and interests to formulate a strategy that will achieve business objectives.
- Develop and maintain technical competency for all products
- Keep current on industry changes, participates when possible in organizations directly involved with SME products and services, and continually works to improve technical expertise knowledge.
- Security solutions should include solutions from various leading industry vendors.
- Design and demonstrate an information security solution that is scalable and easy to adapt with changing business requirements.
- The Solution Information Security Architect will engage with senior level staff both within PPFA and Affiliates. They will also be leading and mentoring direct and indirect reports.
- Oversee the architecture domain of multiple complex security projects and infrastructure across multiple platforms; networks and/or applied security technologies.
- Develop and maintain relevant architecture metrics to assess system and data integrity.
- Works independently and as a team leader with Affiliates, InfoSec Shared Services. vendors and product managers, vendor account managers, vendor account support representatives, and purchasing to achieve company major business objectives.
- Create and update policies, standards, and procedures, clarifying them when questions arise; is always prepared to accurately discuss these policies. Track any risk not inline with policies, standards, and procedures.
- Works directly with key personnel to identify, establish, and communicate key performance indicators needed to meet requirements.
- Create, review and/or evaluate technical business scopes of work.
- Create architecture drawings depicting environments both existing and proposed.
- Understand client’s business initiatives and requirements and map these business needs into technical and security architecture.
- Provide technical thought leadership in overall security Solution development.
- Provide assessment services, compliance audits, security consulting and advisory services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Reporting to the Sr. Dir, Information Security Architect and will be part of our SME leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years technical or operations experience.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for end-to-end Solution IT architecture design, including networking, provisioning, management and the implementation of zero trust patterns.
- Experience designing, and managing large AWS environments. Preferred experience in moving AWS into a single landing zone.
- Experience designing and supporting AWS and/or MS-Azure.
- Experience in Cyber Security technologies (Palo Alto, Splunk, CarbonBlack, Darktrace, proofpoint, etc.).
- AWS solution architecture certification or ability to obtain certification within 90-days
- Ability to provide architecture leadership for multiple large complex projects. Radix and/or Online App Schedule (OAS) a plus
- Ability to design and demonstrate “data centric” security architecture and defense in depth Solution encompassing layers of controls to protect confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA) of the data.
- Familiarity with the principles of Zero Trust Architecture.
- Experience auditing AWS environments is a plus.
- Experience in compliance requirements and industry standards like PCI, HIPAA, ISO 27001, NIST, CSF, ITIL, COBIT, Sarbanes Oxley and SANS 20.
- As needed
- Temporarily remote due to COVID
Starting salary: 145k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer