Senior Director, Clinician Service Corps
Health Care – Health Care Operations
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
PPFA has an incredible opportunity to engage the next generation of public health professionals to become leading voices for Planned Parenthood and reproductive health care. Planned Parenthood has a strong history of investing in our patients, our providers, and those whose lives have been impacted by our services to become outspoken supporters of our mission. In addressing provider shortages at Planned Parenthood health centers, we will not only grow our medical talent pool and hone our hiring infrastructure to better meet the needs of our patients, we will also continue to add to the collective voice of our more than 13 million supporters.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Health Care Operations Teams seeks an experienced Senior Director to lead this program. This is a grant-funded position. The Senior Director will report to the National Director, Health Care Operations, and develop a new program to expand Planned Parenthood’s clinician work force. PPFA is committed to building a staff team that reflects the diverse identities and experiences of our patients. People of color, people of all gender identities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating the Clinician Service Corps a long-term, transformational investment to build a pipeline of highly qualified reproductive health care providers who will work across our federation and revolutionize the landscape for sexual and reproductive health care providers nationwide. During the first year of seed funding, the Senior Director will determine the parameters of the loan repayment program in consultation with senior leadership at PPFA, affiliates and community partners. The Senior Director will ultimately be responsible for designing and managing the program.
- This position will also be involved as an externally facing representative of PPFA disseminating information about the Clinician Service Corps to medical and nursing schools, other interested parties and donors.
- Simultaneously, the Senior Director will be establishing internal mechanisms to determine eligibility criteria, recruit talent and process loan repayments.
- This position is expected to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of PPFA and work with others in a culturally competent way.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 3 to 5 years of experience minimum directly related to clinician recruitment or loan repayment programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Leadership experience required with budget and personnel responsibility.
- Health care experience preferred.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working within a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent experience with public speaking and compelling written communication.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems with potential solutions in a highly professional, confidential and sensitive manner.
- Sharp attention to detail and the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Collaborative work style; able to facilitate amongst diverse communities and individuals.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Self-directed and can work alone or in a team.
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep appreciation for the mission of PPFA.
- Have familiarity and experience working with the diverse communities Planned Parenthood serves, including an appreciation for the assets of each community and understanding of the institutional barriers to health care that currently exist.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.