2020 Summer Intern-Digital Specialist
New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Digital Content & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
The Planned Parenthood Digital Content and Campaigns Team carries out Planned Parenthood’s strategy to engage digitally with visitors to www.plannedparenthood.org, www.plannedparenthoodaction.org, and other online content channels, including various social media properties. This team works to increase the visibility and utility of Planned Parenthood by creating medically accurate, engaging content and executing interdepartmental online campaigns, as well as fight back against political or administrative attacks on our health care or the services we provide.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Digital Specialist summer intern who can work collaboratively to support the creation of content for our online properties. This intern will report to the Director of Digital Content and the Director of Digital Campaigns, and will work closely with fellow team members as well as other departments and divisions within the national office. The position requires an employee who can prioritize short and long term projects along with performing day-to-day responsibilities. The ideal candidate is detailed oriented and a team player.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with weekly content creation and curation for the national digital properties (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram).
- Monitor social media properties and engage with audiences when appropriate.
- Write video captions on PPFA and PPAF youtube channels.
- Assist with gathering performance analytics and research.
- Assist with content edits and quality assurance on www.plannedparenthood.org and www.plannedparenthoodaction.org
- Participate in weekly team brainstorms, help take notes and send meeting follow-ups via email or Slack.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current undergraduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience with Youtube.
- Up-to-date knowledge of functionality and trends on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram.
- Experience using Hootsuite, Brandwatch or other social media monitoring tools.
- Experience using analytics.
- Digital portfolio of previous projects if available; at least two writing samples.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working within a multicultural workforce, and a sensitivity to cultural differences is required.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Comfortable speaking in front of small groups.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.