Specialist, Chief Development Office
New York, NY
Development – Chief Development Office
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Chief Development Office provides oversight and leadership to the Development Division, which raises more than $250 million annually for Planned Parenthood national office and to provide financial support to the organization’s 55 affiliates across the country. The organization seeks a candidate with exemplary administrative and communication skills who is passionate about our mission.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seeks a dynamic and effective Specialist, Chief Development Office. Reporting to the Managing Director of Development, this position provides comprehensive administrative duties to the Office of the Chief Development Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and executes the schedules of the Chief Development Officer, Vice President of Development and Managing Director of Development.
- Oversees and ensures proper prioritization of all internal and external scheduling requests.
- Oversees travel and advance logistics for off-site meetings and events of the CDO Office.
- Manages the booking of all necessary transportation and lodging related to travel.
- Organizes trip plans with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops detailed Itineraries.
- Responsible for end-to-end facilitation of all CDO meetings and commitments, including logistics (facilities and AV), meeting preparation and on-site support.
- Manages correspondence of OCDO.
- Appropriately processes and filters CDO’s emails to ensure receipt of important information and prompt responses to critical items.
- Develops and maintains process for composing and editing correspondence, including memos, donor letters and emails for signing by the CDO or other surrogates.
- Coordinates with other departments as needed to create polished draft communications and memos with limited supervision.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 2+ years of directly related work experience required.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (especially PowerPoint and Excel), Google Drive products.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Discreet and able to handle confidential information with trust and professionalism.
- Ability to collaborate and work in and enjoy a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects at once.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent customer relations and communication skills, both oral and written.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.