Best Practice Sharing Manager, Stronger Change Office
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Health Care Strategy /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Stronger is a group of 30 Planned Parenthood affiliates, representing 30 states and Washington, D.C., who came together to focus on strengthening affiliates in ways that are truly transformational, facilitating the innovation needed to build the Planned Parenthood of the future.
Stronger seeks a Best Practice Manager to support the execution of Stronger’s change efforts in the coming years. This position will be part of the Stronger Change Office (SCO) and work under the direction of the Standards of Excellence Transformation Lead. The Best Practice Sharing Manager will be responsible for facilitating pathways for best practice sharing across Stronger affiliates.
- Support the SCO in strategically sharing best practices surfaced in Stronger initiatives across affiliates and the National Office to build the capacity of affilaites to serve more patients with high-quality health care
- Create systems for Stronger to effectively curate and disseminate best practices from Planned Parenthood affiliates, the National Office, and the broader healthcare industry
- Identify “centers of excellence” among Stronger affiliates that are excelling at a given practice and facilitate opportunities for them to share the learnings more broadly
- Provide thought leadership to Planned Parenthood affiliates seeking resources on specific strategic priorities and health outcomes
- Lead assessments to find best practices and centers of excellence among Stronger affiliates and identify outside resources to supplement Stronger’s knowledge as necessary. Communicate insights across Stronger to support successful outcomes.
- Design and provide trainings, technical assistance, and collaborate with Stronger, National Office, and affiliate staff to improve performance across Stronger’s five target areas (Standards of Excellence, Market Analysis, Staffing, Marketing, and Shared Services).
- Proactively design and build multiple channels to share information, training opportunities, and collaborations that benefit Federation and Stronger affiliate programmatic efforts.
- Develop best practice sharing platform with documents, toolkits, and reports, and facilitate working sessions to disseminate best practices
- Advise Stronger working groups in the design and implementation of affiliate supports that help achieve health equity and improve performance on transformation metrics.
- Proactively monitor, identify and raise trends and best practices from the broader health care industry to the SCO and affiliate working groups for incorporation, as appropriate
- Maintain relationships with National Office subject matter experts. Work with internal and external partners to incorporate external tools and capabilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience managing projects and facilitating learning across a complex organization, ideally with a focus on best practice dissemination and adoption
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required. Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools preferred.
- Knowledge of the current health care landscape preferred.
- Experience working with a racial equity and gender equity lens. Knowledge of diverse groups, working within a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
- Comfortable working with a distributed team, including telecommuters across the U.S.
- Strong task and project execution. Able to handle multiple, concurrent projects and demonstrated ability to work in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
- Comfortable in ambiguity; able to create clarity and understanding and field questions with minimal oversight.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Clear and compelling communicator (oral, written, graphical). Succinctly communicates the results, insights, and implications of analyses and benchmarking.
- Collaborative work style and ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Familiarity and experience working with the diverse communities Planned Parenthood serves, including an appreciation for the assets of each community and understanding of the institutional barriers to health care that currently exist.
- Strong commitment to Planned Parenthood mission.
- Stronger is open to a remote candidate for this position. The Best Practice Sharing Manager will be expected to spend ~15-25% of time traveling to meet with Stronger affiliates and other key stakeholders
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.