Associate Art Director
New York, NY /
Office of Senior Vice President, Communications & Culture (CNC) – Brand & Culture Strategy /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a dynamic, experienced and effective Associate Art Director. This job reports to the Creative Director in the B rand and Culture Team of PPFA. The Brand and Culture Team works to deliver a cohesive brand expression for our audiences; brand and marketing strategies for the federation; broaden the breadth of our equity, values and beliefs; and develop strategies for shifting culture toward positive sexual and reproductive health care and rights.
- Routinely conceptualize and design creative design solutions, storyboards and assets that achieve strategic goals, working i n a collaborative and integrated way across internal teams, and with internal stakeholders
- Activate current brand standards across all health and advocacy objectives specifically - across affiliate marketing efforts including but not limited to the internal design work for proactive Telehealth Marketing, Patient Reassurance and reactive Advocacy activity through strong and effective design
- Oversee high-quality internal design under direction of Creative Director - including the work of external vendors, consultants, freelance staff and agencies who support PPFA/PPAF initiatives and efforts
- Ensures design i s on-brand and high-quality, while feeling fresh and of the moment
- Works with internal creative team to ensure brand consistency, and ensuring the organization has a strong and consistent public presence
- Works with senior creative team members to adjust and refresh brand standards, templates and guidelines for the Federation, as appropriate
- Present and articulate concepts to internal clients
- Implement creative strategy through design, across C3 & C4 work - with creative concepts, assets and campaign materials for organizational actions and initiatives
- Develops and executes high-quality creative projects from concept development through execution based on strategy and organizational goals
- Innovates and suggestions design concepts, strategy and vision boards i n support of organizational actions and initiatives
- Works closely with staff and stakeholders across divisions to assess needs, identify design solutions, and execute print, digital, out of home or merch design that meets or exceeds internal clients' expectations.
- Responsible for high-quality, integrated creative content and production of assets across a range of advocacy, education and health care campaigns, initiatives and deliverables
- Through a collaborative work style, inspire top performance i n other designers on the team;
- Shows a willingness to pitch in / jump in and collaborate
- Shows an ability to navigate complex and layered feedback
- Enjoys operating i n a fast-paced and demanding environment;
- Pays attention to design trends and thinks through competitive design solution for creative challenges to reach priority audiences
- A leader with a clear and informed opinion who can articulate creative thinking and decisions
- Deep appreciation for mission of PPFA
- Diplomatic style; and high emotional intelligence
- Work in close collaboration with leaders to identify opportunities for creative collaboration and design innovation to support affiliate and national office design and creative needs.
- The ideal candidate will have a highly-developed creative set, as well as innate talent and creativity and a be champion of brand strategy and an innovator in design
- He/she/they will need to be able to comprehend and negotiate the ever changing creative and design needs of a complex, multifaceted organization while being able to determine, manage, and quickly adjust priorities.
- This position requires a high degree of multitasking, often within the context of urgent deadlines while requiring creativity at the same time - therefore, diplomacy, tenacity, and a positive attitude are essential.
- He/ she/they must be able to interface productively with senior management and take direction and feedback well.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- 6-8 years experience in design with a varied portfolio of client-based work
- Passionate about design; possesses a strong and varied creative portfolio, with evidence of a sharp eye, strong typographic and conceptual tools and an eye for detail.
- Able to design and execute beyond concept phase; specific to publications, ads, merchandise, digital specs, etc. ensuring consistency across a range of campaigns and products and with high-attention to detail
- Agency experience preferred; able to lead and demonstrate pioneering design tied to strategic business results
- Experience working within and shaping brand guidelines a plus
- Experience with modern web design, responsive design, digital products and mobile user experience a plus
- High-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required
- Experience art-directing and designing for motion / animation projects a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines successfully
- Energetic, creative, innovative approach, with demonstrated ability to develop new ideas and solutions across different mediums
- Attention to detail, collaborative, positive approach, strong management/mentorship abilities
- Must have a professional portfolio link in application
Starting Salary: 90k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer