Senior Motion Graphic Designer
New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Brand & Culture Team seeks a dynamic and effective Senior Motion Graphic Designer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize and create original and engaging storyboards, designs, illustrations and graphics to animate, for social platforms as well as video, digital signage, and TV/Broadcast.
- Work collaboratively with our in-house video and design teams on bringing projects to life using video editing, animation, titles, and audio from storyboard to finished high-quality end product. Routinely present and articulate concepts conceptualize and design creative solutions that achieve strategic goals.
- Follow and keep current on design and trends in animation and branding.
- Handle multiple projects, simultaneously and be capable of working in rapid response mode when needed.
- Explore emergent technologies and methodologies to help produce cutting-edge creative executions and department workflow efficiencies, while understanding how to keep us on brand.
- Create motion graphics templates for vendors to create assets independently within campaigns.
- Handle green screen keying and compositing.
- Responsible for quality control in all aspects of graphic production and content for digital and social video projects.
- Work within rigorous brand guidelines and standards.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 7+ years of experience creating high-end motion design.
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal departments and key stakeholders.
- Thorough and current understanding of video distribution in a fast-paced and ever-evolving video environment.
- Proven portfolio of strong design, typography and motion graphics that align with pre-established, rigorous brand standards (where applicable).
- Strong typography skills.
- A track record of coming up with solutions for quick turn projects.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Cloud, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Cinema 4D and Photoshop; HTML code would be a plus, but are not required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Collaborative work style; able to facilitate amongst diverse communities and individuals; willingness to pitch in/ jump in.
- Comfortable in ambiguity; able to create clarity and understanding.
- Solid equity lens, including an understanding of how oppression impacts people’s ability to access their sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible style.
- A direct and open style; creative, independent thinker that can translate concepts and ideas to a broader audience.
- Deep appreciation for mission of PPFA.
- Diplomatic style; and high emotional intelligence.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.