Director, Multicultural Brand Strategy & Projects
Office of Senior Vice President, Communications & Culture (CNC) – Brand & Culture Strategy /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a curious and dynamic Director of Multicultural Brand Strategy & Projects. This job reports to the Senior Director of Brand Strategy and Projects in the Brand and Culture team of PPFA. The Brand and Culture team works to develop and deliver a clear and culturally competent brand expression that strengthens the relationship with our audience, broadens the breadth of our equity, values and beliefs, and drives the organization's external strategies for shifting culture toward positive sexual and reproductive health care and rights.
- Manage and drive brand strategy through multicultural work.
- Develop strategic briefs, provide guidance through key research and insights, consults on brand engagement work, message framing and audience research.
- Ensure content and assets are on strategy based on approved strategy briefs.
- Provide multicultural lens to proactive brand work and key observances.
- Support racial equity work stream.
- Lead and manage projects from conception to execution for key calendar observances, including but not limited Latinx Heritage Month and Black History Month, driving the project forward, finalizing and supporting message development and cross functional coordination.
- Conduct desk research on multicultural audiences, staying abreast of trends and habits and community insights
- Host cross-divisional information gathering sessions to understand our past and current engagement with multicultural audiences.
- Brief cross-functional teams, and drive coordination, to ensure brand strategy is implemented in all of our work, partnering with Strategic Partnerships, DEI team, OEC Black & Latinx Engagement, Development to help position our brand positively with MC audiences.
- Convene multicultural work groups to ensure cohesion across PPFA-multicultural work streams and brainstorm multicultural content, in partnerships with Creative and Editorial.
- Support national office and affiliates through development of key messages, tools, webinars and toolkits and responding to needs that require brand and communications.
- An ability to build consensus across many teams while maintaining diplomacy and using intuition.
- Engaged and confident presence with senior leadership; one who can establish and sustain credibility and trust.
- An ability to manage and lead communication with staff in other departments/divisions, as well as outside vendors, to develop and produce products to support others' work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Bachelor's Degree, plus additional related college courses or professional training in a related field is required.
- 8-10 years of directly related work experience, including experience in brand strategy, multicultural strategy, and/or racial equity work.
- Possess strong understanding of multicultural audiences, specifically Black and Latinx communities.
- Willingness to learn, expand and grow as a professional.
Starting Salary: $110K
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer