2020 Summer Intern-Security Architecture
New York, NY
Operations – Information Security
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seeks a dynamic 2020 Security Architecture summer Intern. This job reports to the Senior Security Architect in the Information Security department of PPFA. The Security Architecture intern will be introduced to designing, building, testing and implementing security systems within the organization’s IT framework. They will engage with modern security infrastructures and DevOps frameworks, techniques and procedures, and how to conduct architecture security reviews.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with conducting security architecture reviews on existing security technologies and offer plans for improvements of security controls where needed.
- Work with enterprise architects and network engineers to design optimal security practices for supporting new and existing business processes/applications.
- Provide architecture & technology insight for building and deploying applications in the public cloud.
- Assist in creating secure cloud architectures for Internet-facing portals and mobile applications.
- Ensure client requirements are enabled by DevSecOps tooling and framework design choices.
- Interpret and sheperd business requirements and functional specifications toward a solution utilizing a security architecture best practice or framework.
- Assist in the development of security architecture requirements, conduct infrastructure security design, compliance, and risk assessments.
- Gather and translate requirements, review security solutions with IT Ops and Application Development teams.
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should
- have completed studies within the last six months.
- Degree/certificate or pursuing studies in cyber security, information security, information systems, computer science, or other technical fields is a plus.
- Interest in DevOps culture and the ability to teach and profess is highly desired.
- Interest or experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability.
- Interest in security operations, security analysis, incident response, threat hunting, forensics or other security detect or response role.
- Good understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorisation and secure application development practices.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Interest in identifying and mitigating secure code deficiencies for websites and applications.
- Customer focused.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.