2020 Summer Intern-Global Operations
Operations – Latin America Reg Office (LARO)
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
The International Division at Planned Parenthood is seeking an energetic, hard-working, and detail-oriented intern. We rely on our interns for many administrative functions, but there are also lots of opportunities for you to learn about the work that Planned Parenthood does globally.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Global Operations summer intern who will have the opportunity to become familiar with key players in the international sexual and reproductive health community. The intern will learn about PPFA’s international work and operations by engaging in project management, reviewing reference materials, participating in workshops and viewing presentations and videos.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains all operational systems, tools, and procedures.
- Provides technical/maintenance support and lends guidance to in-country offices, country teams, and regional staff through the sharing of best practices in operations management.
- Identifies gaps and opportunities for improving organizational effectiveness and develops initiatives to enhance LARO’s operations.
- Monitors metrics for annual plan of operational priorities and strategies leveraging technology.
- In collaboration with the Operations staff increases the visibility of regional systems, tools, procedures and internal communications on Global Operations intranet page.
- Support the regional office and in-country operational functions: Operations & Logistics/Human Resources/Facilities/Finance/Safety & Security/Grants & Contracts/Vendor Management.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet research, email, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluency in Spanish and French preferred.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.