New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Votes (PP Votes) is an independent expenditure political committee registered with the Federal Election Commission. PP Votes works in service of, but not in coordination with, national, state, and local campaigns around the country to elect champions of women’s rights and health.
PP Votes seeks a motivated and effective Influencer Coordinator - Electoral. Reporting to Caren Spruch, and working closely with the larger Electoral team, he/she will be responsible for providing programmatic and administrative support for Arts and Entertainment engagement activities around the upcoming election season. The chosen candidate must be detail oriented, work well independently and within a team, and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
This is a temporary position for the upcoming election season, March through November 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts research and stays current on information regarding key celebrities, creative professionals, TV and film opportunities, celebrity events, etc.
- Drafts correspondence, memos, brochures, etc. to educate and engage leaders in the arts & entertainment community around electoral issues.
- Assists with recruitment of and celebrity involvement in PP Votes affiliate events and activities.
- Helps engage celebrities online, in the media, and at election-related activities. Tracks and produces reports on election-related entertainment engagement activities.
- Drafts briefing memos to prepare key staff and/or celebrities for election-related events and meetings.
- Provides administrative support and assists with operations of the Arts and Entertainment Engagement department as they related to Electoral work, including scheduling, managing records, files, and program budgets.
- Handles travel and logistics for the Director of Arts & Entertainment Engagement and for celebrity supporters.
- Completes special projects as assigned and required.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- 1-3 years of general work experience is required; 1 year of entertainment industry work experience is preferred.
- Willingness to learn, expand and grow as a professional.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to plan projects on very tight deadlines.
- Constantly communicates with staff in other departments/divisions, as well as outside vendors, to support organizational goals.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and customer services skills. Interest in and/or familiarity with the entertainment landscape strongly preferred.
- Ability to clearly articulate reproductive health issues and advocacy issues is preferred, interest in these issues is required.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
- Detail-oriented in a fast-paced, multi-task environment essential.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.