2020 Summer Intern-Data Management
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns (OEC) department seeks a dynamic 2020 Data Management Summer Intern to help further the goals of the organization. The intern will focus on tracking campaign work and supporter engagement through the Voter Activation Network (VAN), while gaining skills and knowledge in reporting and hard-skills training's.
The intern will have the opportunity to learn, document, and assist with administration of PPFA's online supporter database and gain insights and skills in campaign field work, and practice with tools used on major campaigns.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compile a toolkit explaining common practices and uses for our supporter database.
- Review common questions from field staff and help develop systems to improve answers.
- Practice database administration, including account creation and data hygiene.
- Assist with reporting, visualization, and analysis of organizing and electoral efforts.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Able to communicate technical information to non-technical staff.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Excellent critical, technical, analytical, and creative thinking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel or Access.
- Strong Race, Equity and Inclusion lens in awareness and practice.
- A strong commitment to Planned Parenthood’s mission and for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) or another coding language a plus.
- Experience working in VAN, with voter file data, or large data sets a plus.
- Comfortable with GIS software, Tableau, D3, or other data visualization tools a plus.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.