Front Desk Coordinator
Elizabeth, New Jersey /
Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey, Inc. (PPNCSNJ) provides comprehensive reproductive and sexual health care, abortion services, education and information to women, men and teens at 17 health centers throughout 18 counties in New Jersey.
Works in affiliate health centers to meet the following key areas of responsibility: 1) provide high quality patient care, 2) provide excellent customer service, 3) ensure efficient and effective patient flow and 4) ensure a safe and effective clinic environment 5)Assume the leadership role at the front desk of the health center 6) Complete special projects as assigned by the Center Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The Front Desk Coordinator performs a wide range of duties, including, but not limited to the following:
1. Provides high quality patient care (including safety, information, referral) and excellent customer service by overseeing all processes at the front desk:
· Assists customers with completion of social and medical history on clinical forms.
· Documents, accesses, and arranges patient information in various records (charts, electronic database)
· Completes data entry for abortion services to comply with NJ reporting of services
· Work with manager to ensure that front desk staffing is adequate
· Triage check-in process to facilitate patient flow
· Maintains an efficient recordkeeping system of patient charts
· Orders office supplies and food for patients in the waiting area
· Works with clients in a friendly & compassionate manner to ensure a warm and welcoming health center environment.
· Contacts clients and answers telephone, providing general information, schedules and reschedules appointments, makes referrals and follows up with clients requesting additional information.
· Remains flexible and available to extend/change scheduled hours and work locations, as needed, to meet the needs of customers.
2. Participates in the Affiliate’s efforts related to revenue cycle, which include but are not limited to:
· Coding properly; achieving goals for productivity; meeting or exceeding revenue targets; and expense management as budgeted.
3. Demonstrates commitment to established Workplace Values: Trustworthy; Effective Communication; Respectful; Supportive; Collaborative; Excellence. Practices behaviors that effectively demonstrate the Affiliate’s Workplace Values and supports goal to co-create a great workplace (see Workplace Values document received upon hire).
4. Participates in all training and education requirements to stay current in:
· Daily tasks, license requirements (if appropriate), technology trainings (ex: NextGen, SecuReach, etc.) updates in MSGs, required trainings (ex: CAL, policy reviews, etc.), and others as appropriate.
5. Performs other duties as assigned in support of mission and as required to ensure delivery of consistent high quality services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
1. Commitment and demonstration of excellent internal and external customer service.
2. Attention to detail; ability to follow processes and procedures from beginning to end.
3. Recognized excellence in interpersonal and relationship building skills.
4. Ability to work collaboratively with staff throughout the agency to affect change.
5. Strong operational and organizational skills; ability to balance priorities, make effective decisions, and contribute as a team player within the organization.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate information in an organized and clear manner.
7. Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent the Affiliate’s Workplace Values.
8. Able to maintain and demonstrate strict confidentiality of all information.
9. Entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, high energy, positive attitude and diplomatic.
10. Commitment to reflect quality assurance and risk management in daily tasks.
11. Has computer skills and ability to learn/operate software programs.
12. Maintains professional appearance and demonstrates professional attitude at all times.
13. Ability to work flexible schedules and maintain punctual attendance.
14. Able to work under pressure, remain calm, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
15. Ability to relate to diverse communities.
16. Ability to remain open and non-judgmental towards colleagues and customers.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required (ex: GED).
Minimum Work Experience: Minimum 1 year experience in a health care, customer service, or social services environment in a similar role. CPR certification preferred.
Other Requirements: Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.