Behavioral Health Therapist
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey, Inc. (PPNCSNJ) provides comprehensive reproductive and sexual health care, abortion services, education and information to women, men and teens at 17 health centers throughout 18 counties in New Jersey.
PPNCSNJ is seeking a full-time Behavioral Health Therapist. The Behavioral Health Therapist provides trauma-informed counseling and crisis intervention to health center patients. The Behavioral Health Therapist is also responsible for developing and maintaining connections with community providers to create a network of support for all patients.
Why join us?
Are you ready to work with passionate, smart individuals from all walks of life who represent the diversity that makes us all special? If so, this is one of the many reasons you should join us. From your first day on the job, you'll be immersed in a hands-on, hit-the-ground running experience. Each day will be unique and meaningful. Beyond your day to day contribution and an excellent benefits package, we offer a tangible work-life balance with career development opportunities and a supportive work culture.
- Collaborates and consults with agency staff and community providers to ensure the effective treatment of our patient population.
- Provides trauma-informed evidenced based intervention/therapies.
- Participates in a treatment team with health center staff to screen, evaluate, assess and treat patients with behavioral health needs, and communicate effectively with the treatment team about patients’ needs and treatment plan.
- Provides in the moment consultation with health center staff and other treatment team members on behavioral health needs of patients.
- Provides crisis intervention for behavioral health difficulties when necessary.
- Provides formal and informal education and training for health center staff on behavioral health conditions and their impact on whole health.
- Completes timely documentation in accordance with all applicable legal and ethical guidelines, and consistent with PPNCSNJ protocols.
- Participates with Telehealth services.
- Communicates with clinicians through charting and brief verbal consultations, when necessary.
- Evaluates charts/histories to determine if intervention is necessary, and evaluate clients upon clinician request.
- Encourages and facilitates same day visits as referred by medical providers or other members of the healthcare team.
- Provide referrals to other services, both professional and non-professional, in the community when needed.
- Master’s degree (MFT or MSW) or PhD. as a Clinical Psychologist required.
- Licensure (LCSW, LMFT, Licensed Psychologist) to practice in New Jersey.
- Course work or training in sexuality, women’s health and trauma.
- 2 years of experience working with patients with behavioral health needs. Counseling experience in a community based setting.
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license. Reliable transportation to travel throughout the service area.
- Travel throughout the Affiliate’s service area as needed.
- Case Management experience.
From your first day on the job, you’ll be immersed in a hands-on, hit-the-ground running experience. Every day will come with unique challenges – but rest assured you’ll never be alone in handling them – our team has each other’s backs. Beyond a meaningful career and an excellent benefits package, we offer career development opportunities and a supportive work culture. In addition to a competitive salary, PPNCSNJ offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
PPNCSNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.