Administrative Assistant- Medical Services
Morristown, New Jersey /
Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey, Inc. (PPNCSNJ) provides comprehensive reproductive and sexual health care, abortion services, education and information to women, men and teens at 17 health centers throughout 18 counties in New Jersey.
Under the supervision of the VP of Medical Services and in collaboration with the VP of Medical Administration, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the delegated administrative tasks of the Medical Administration department and its services in healthcare operations, clinical data analytics and reporting, QRM, and clinical research.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The Administrative Assistant in Medical Administration has the following responsibilities:
1. Coordinates logistics and provides administrative support for all Center Manager, Med Admin meetings and related meetings of the Med Admin. Department.
2. Format patient data reports from patient tracking database, such as NextGen, to Excel for more efficient data analysis.
3. Coordinates the monthly All Health Center Calls Sends meeting notices to all health center managers. As directed, sends meeting notices to other department heads who may be invited to attend and discuss any changes in their department.
4. Assist in booking conferences and accommodations for any medical staff who are attending trainings, meetings, and or conferences.
5. Prepare monthly reports detailing the reasons for health center closures.
6. Runs reports for Medical Administration to help track bonus revenue.
7. Provides back-up as needed for the health center scheduler.
8. Maintain the files of Med Admin reports using a systematic retention process.
9. Maintain the onboarding schedule for new health center employees (RN, Managers, Medical Assistants, and Clinicians.) Maintain the records for Clinician proctoring to ensure an efficient system for the Medical Director’s assessment of new clinician skills.
10. Collaborate with HR to help managers complete annual updates (IPV, OSHA, annual tracking)
11. Coordinate with managers in ordering name and/or address stamps for respective clinics and medical staff.
12. Set up training for health center staff as requested by Human Resources and Medical Administration.
13. Assist with accreditation as requested by Medical Administration.
14. Copy charts and type notes for management review.
15. Assist as needed in copying charts that have been subpoenaed.
16. Participates in the Affiliate’s efforts related to revenue cycle, which include but are not limited to: achieving goals for productivity; meeting or exceeding revenue targets; and expense management as budgeted.
17. Demonstrates commitment to established Workplace Values: Trustworthy; Effective Communication; Respectful; Supportive; Collaborative; Excellence. Practices behaviors that effectively demonstrate the Affiliate’s Workplace Values and supports goal to co-create a great workplace (see Workplace Values document received upon hire).
18. Occasional travel within the Affiliate’s service area as required.
19. Performs other duties as assigned in support of mission and as required to ensure delivery of consistent high-quality services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
1. Commitment and demonstration of excellent internal and external customer service.
2. Attention to detail; ability to lead and follow processes and procedures from beginning to end for multiple sites
3. Recognized excellence in interpersonal and relationship-building, and project management.
4. Ability to multi-task and handle multiple schedules at once.
5. Ability to work collaboratively with staff throughout the agency to affect change.
6. Strong operational and organizational skills; ability to balance priorities and contribute as a team player within the organization.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate information in an organized and clear manner.
8. Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent the Affiliate’s Workplace Values.
9. Able to maintain and demonstrate strict confidentiality of all information.
10. Entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, high energy, positive attitude and diplomatic.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and risk management skills.
12. Has computer skills and ability to learn/operate software programs.
13. Maintains professional appearance and demonstrates professional behavior at all times.
14. Ability to work flexible schedules and maintain punctual attendance.
15. Able to work under pressure, remain calm, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
16. Ability to relate to diverse communities.
17. Ability to work as part of an interdependent team.
18. Ability to remain open and non-judgmental towards colleagues and customers.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma required.
Minimum Work Experience: 2 years in an administrative support and customer service-related role. Scheduling experience preferred.
Other Requirements: Valid driver’s license. Reliable transportation to travel within the service area.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively 1:1 with co-workers, internal and external customers, and outside contractors and vendors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/MOTOR COORDINATION
Requires hand-eye coordination; finger dexterity, and a combination of sitting, standing, climbing, stooping, balancing, kneeling, reaching, carrying, pushing, pulling, lifting (up to 15 pounds). Must be able to write, type, use telephone and computer systems, and other office equipment.
Exposure to routine office conditions as well as adverse environmental conditions such as dust, temperature and noise extremes, etc. May be exposed to infectious or contagious disease. Ability to work from home prior to the start of the workday in health centers.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to review and change this description as needed to maintain business goals and accomplishments. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically. This job description is not a contract.
Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey, Inc. (PPNCSNJ) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, disability, atypical hereditary cellular blood trait, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPNCSNJ will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; and any subsequent revisions or additions to related law/regulations.
Employees are expected to perform duties as assigned and directed by management.
$37,000 - $40,000 a year