New Jersey /
Human Resources /
Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey, Inc. (PPNCSNJ) provides comprehensive reproductive and sexual health care, abortion services, education and information to women, men and teens at 17 health centers throughout 18 counties in New Jersey.
In collaboration with and under the general supervision of the Director of Training and Development, the primary responsibility of the Affiliate Trainer is to ensure all required trainings are offered; plan, create, coordinate, implement, and manage innovative adult learning and development programs that drive organizational effectiveness; align with the organization’s strategies and goals; promote a culture of learning; and are in compliance with all required federal, state, PPFA, other regulatory requirements. This position works closely with the organization’s leadership to assess training needs; design and deliver training; evaluate the success of training and development programs, and demonstrate a return on training investment. The position works collaboratively with the Human Resources (HR) team to support organizational and department goals.
Key Essential functions:
The Trainer performs a wide range of duties, including but not limited to the following:
1. Ensure all trainings are scheduled, coordinated, communicated and delivered in compliance with State, Federal, PPFA and other requirements and deadlines.
2. Plan, facilitate, and evaluate New Employee Orientation, Medical Staff Orientation, and other trainings, as needed.
3. Improve and/or design suitable training content and programs to enhance learning, improve productivity, and meet organizational goals.
4. Collaborate with SMEs to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate training programs and initiatives.
5. Utilize technological tools (MS Office Suite, Zoom, Kahoot, etc) to facilitate training across the agency, which include visual and print materials that are clear and effective.
6. Assist in the selection and development of teaching aids (CAL, webinars, curricula, etc) for various trainings.
7. Monitor and communicate employee progress through trainings, including the role of the managers in overseeing timely completion. This includes the collection of onboarding items, annual trainings, evaluations, etc.
Experience and Education
· Master’s Degree preferred. Equivalent work experience in training, education, and/or facilitation will be considered.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience training professionals.
· CPR Basic Life Support instructor certification a plus.
· Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.