Elizabeth, New Jersey /
Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey, Inc. (PPNCSNJ) provides comprehensive reproductive and sexual health care, abortion services, education and information to women, men and teens at 17 health centers throughout 18 counties in New Jersey.
PPNCSNJ is seeking an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN)/ Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) who is able to provide family planning care as it relates to reproductive and sexual health care, abortion services, education and information for women, men and young adults, in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
Ideal Qualities and Experience
- Ability to perform and ensure that non-surgical abortions are provided in accordance with current PPFA Medical Standards and Guidelines.
- Ability to perform physical examinations with special emphasis on the reproductive system.
- Ability to provide cancer screening testing, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections and perform other types of more specialized procedures as needed.
- Ability to travel throughout the Affiliate’s service area as required.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Commitment and demonstration of excellent internal and external customer service, and the ability to model skills to center staff.
- Ability to remain open and non-judgmental towards colleagues and customers.
- Demonstrate the willingness to attend meetings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to workplace values of respect, caring, support, effective communication, teamwork & collaboration, accountability and responsibility; practice these values in relation with internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of mission and as required to ensure delivery of consistent high quality services.
- Must be a State of New Jersey licensed Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Midwife or Physician Assistant trained in reproductive health care. Advanced Practice Nurses must be certified by a national certifying agency that is accredited by the American Board of Nursing Specialties and/or the National Commission for Certifying Agencies, or American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM), American College of Nurse Midwives Certification Council (ACC) and/or their successors. Physician Assistants must be certified by the National Commission for certifying of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Two years of work experience in reproductive health, preferred. Ultrasound, Colposcopy and Leep experience a plus.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish), preferred
- Travel throughout the service area maybe required.
From your first day on the job, you’ll be immersed in a hands-on, hit-the-ground running experience. Every day will come with unique challenges – but rest assured you’ll never be alone in handling them – our team has each other’s backs. Beyond a meaningful career and an excellent benefits package, we offer career development opportunities and a supportive work culture. In addition to a competitive salary, PPNCSNJ offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
PPNCSNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.