Assistant Health Center Director; Perth Amboy
Perth Amboy, New Jersey /
Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey, Inc. (PPNCSNJ) provides comprehensive reproductive and sexual health care, abortion services, education and information to women, men and teens at 17 health centers throughout 18 counties in New Jersey.
The Assistant Health Center Director has the primary responsibility for the overall functioning of the health center, which includes a full range of reproductive health care and abortion care.
PPNCSNJ is looking for a full time Assistant Health Center Director with experience working with LGBTQ+ individuals. This role will support the PPNCSNJ gender affirming care program, as well expanding care to individuals in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer experience. The Assistant Health Center Director will also work with the current health care team to achieve productivity standards and providing exceptional customer service. They will ensure compliance with all regulatory matters, quality initiatives and operational standards in all administrative functions of the health center. The Assistant Health Center Director will ensure that all services are provided within the context of all PPNCSNJ medical policies, values, and protocols.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The Health Center Director/Facility Director performs a wide range of duties, including, but not limited to the following:
1. Ensures all Federal, State, PPFA, and organizational protocols and guidelines are followed regarding all services, including but not limited to personnel, fiscal, risk management, safety and quality assurance. Must have attention to detail to accomplish these tasks.
2. Organizes Center workload, establishes staff schedules, sets priorities, and appropriately delegates assignments.
3. Partners with Senior Health Center Director and Senior Vice President of Medical Services to ensure that clinic goals and workplace values are met. Recommends and implements management systems designed to improve patient care and/or Center operations.
4. Participates in a team approach to patient care, being cognizant of and responsive to the needs of patients and all Center staff.
5. Coordinates and collaborates with other members of the health care team in the delivery of quality patient care.
6. Motivates staff and promotes harmonious working relationships within the Center.
7. Will navigate and monitor clinic flow during clinic operating hours ensuring that they the hours are supporting the needs of the clinic.
8. Prepares and submits required reports and maintains appropriate records as required.
9. Meets established productivity standards and prepares required reports/documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
10. Participates in annual budget preparation process, and operates within approved budget.
11. Maintains open communication with staff and encourages staff input in Center operations.
12. Promotes positive community image and participates in community events as appropriate.
13. Participates in periodic management, staff and individual employee meetings as scheduled.
14. Monitors and ensures completion of follow-up protocols per PPFA standards and guidelines.
15. Conducts Center staff meetings to include annual required trainings in coordination with training requirements.
16. Provides leadership, guidance, support, training, oversight supervision and monitor assigned staff.
17. Provides input to the patient navigation team as needed.
18. Develops and implements corrective action, performance improvement plans, and initiates disciplinary measures as needed for assigned staff.
19. In collaboration with Human Resources staff, interviews potential candidates and participates in the selection process.
20. Orients and trains Center personnel including volunteers.
21. Manages inventory of equipment and supplies.
22. Participates in the Affiliate’s efforts related to revenue cycle, which include but are not limited to:coding properly; achieving goals for productivity; meeting or exceeding revenue targets; and expense management as budgeted.
23. Ensures the implementation of the infection prevention and control polices and continually monitor infection control.
24. Ensures appropriate maintenance of the center and facility.
25. Day to day administration of, the managerial, operational, fiscal, and reporting components of the facility.
26. Demonstrates commitment to established Workplace Values: Trustworthy; Effective Communication; Respectful; Supportive; Collaborative; Excellence. Practices behaviors that effectively demonstrate the Affiliate’s Workplace Values and supports goal to co-create a great workplace (see Workplace Values document received upon hire).
27. Participates in all training and education requirements to stay current in daily tasks, license requirements (as appropriate), technology trainings (ex: NextGen, SecuReach, etc.) updates in MSGs, required trainings (ex: CAL, policy reviews, etc.), and others as appropriate.
28. Ensures the development, implementation, and enforcement of all policies and
Procedures, including patient rights.
29. Participates in the quality assurance program for patient care and staff performance.
30. Ensures that all personnel are assigned duties based upon their education, training, competencies, and job descriptions.
31. Ensures the provision of staff orientation and staff education.
32. Travels throughout the Affiliate’s service area as required.
33. Performs other duties as assigned in support of mission and as required to ensure delivery of consistent high quality services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
34. Attention to detail; ability to lead and follow processes and procedures from beginning to end.
35. Commitment and demonstration of excellent internal and external customer service, and the ability to model skills to center staff.
36. Attention to detail; ability to lead and follow processes and procedures from beginning to end.
37. Recognized excellence in interpersonal and relationship building skills, project management, and staff management skills.
38. Ability to motivate and work collaboratively with staff throughout the agency to effect change.
39. Strong analytical, operational and organizational skills; ability to balance priorities, make effective decisions, and contribute as a team player within the organization.
40. Ability to utilize data to inform the decision-making process.
41. Demonstrated project management skills, including excellent follow through for multiple projects at multiple locations.
42. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate information in an organized and clear manner.
43. Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent the Affiliate’s Workplace Values.
44. Able to maintain and demonstrate strict confidentiality of all information.
45. Entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, high energy, positive attitude and diplomatic.
46. Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and risk management skills.
47. Has computer skills and ability to learn/operate software programs.
48. Maintains professional appearance and demonstrates professional behavior at all times.
49. Ability to work flexible schedules and maintain punctual attendance.
50. Able to work under pressure, remain calm, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
51. Ability to relate to diverse communities.
52. Ability to remain open and non-judgmental towards colleagues and customers.
53. Ability to lead teams and desire to work as part of an interdependent team.
54. Assists in outreach and engagement with internal and external stakeholders. Helps build relationships with other gender affirming care providers and support organizations.
Minimum Education/Licensure/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in human services, business, or medical administration. A combination of education and additional years of management level experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years supervisory experience preferably in the health care or human services field. Demonstrated experience successfully managing a multi-faceted business unit is required. Demonstrated leadership and project management experience and abilities are a must. Office management and customer service skills and experience required. Nursing supervisory experience will be considered. Healthcare management experience preferred.
Other Requirements: Bi-lingual in English and Spanish desirable. Valid NJ State driver’s license. Reliable transportation to travel throughout the service area as needed.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to take decisive action. Ability to exercise independent judgment to adopt or modify methods and standards to meet variations in assigned objectives.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/MOTOR COORDINATION
Requires hand-eye coordination; finger dexterity, and a combination of sitting, standing, climbing, stooping, balancing, kneeling, reaching, carrying, pushing, pulling, lifting (up to 15 pounds). Must be able to write, type, use telephone and computer systems, and other office equipment.
Exposure to routine office conditions as well as adverse environmental conditions such as dust, temperature and noise extremes, etc. May be exposed to infectious or contagious disease.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to review and change this description as needed to maintain business goals and accomplishments. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically. This job description is not a contract.
Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey, Inc. (PPNCSNJ) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, disability, atypical hereditary cellular blood trait, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPNCSNJ will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; and any subsequent revisions or additions to related law/regulations.
Employees are expected to perform duties as assigned and directed by management.
I have received a copy of my job description. I have read and understand the job responsibilities, standards, and requirements for this position. Should I have any questions regarding the essential functions and/or any of the requirements of my job at any time, I will ask my manager immediately for clarification.
$75,000 - $85,000 a year