Clinician - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Saratoga, NY /
Clinical – Clinical Services - Health Center Based /
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our Clinical Services Team. This role will be based at our Saratoga Health Center at 236 Washington St, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
This is an exciting and important time at Planned Parenthood of Greater New York . We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) stands strong as a trusted provider of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care, an accurate source of sexual health information, and a steadfast partner in the ongoing fight to achieve sexual and reproductive justice, especially health and racial equity. Working at PPGNY is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers that prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
What the Advanced Practice Clinician does:
- Under medical supervision, provides medical and pelvic examinations for the purpose of assessing general health and eligibility for contraception, to ascertain pregnancy, and to ascertain the need for and provide therapeutic assistance for a determined range of infections and disorders
- Provides post-abortion evaluation and care
- Provides relevant health instruction including family planning, HIV counseling, nutrition, sexual health counseling, and principles of health promotion and maintenance
- Initiates and manages the client’s chosen contraceptive method
- Evaluates and manages Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Collaborates with physicians and other members of the health care team and makes referrals to medical and community resources as indicated
- Master of Science in Nursing (NP Only) OR
- Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS), Health Science (MHS), or Medical Science (MMSc).
- Active NY State licensure as a Registered Nurse Practitioner or Registered Physician Assistant.
- At least one year of clinical experience in Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).
- You have a demonstrated understanding of the role that racial inequity plays in our society and its impact on healthcare systems and institutions, and consistently integrate your deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of how race dynamics impact supervisory relationships, organizational culture, clinical service delivery, partnerships, campaigns and coalition work, and can demonstrate a history of successfully intervening in problematic dynamics and deepening a racial equity approach within an organization, team, service, program, or campaign.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to building a patient-centric practice and clinical team.
PPGNY's benefits package includes:
Generous PTO and holiday schedule
Medical, dental and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
FSA, HSA, Commuter pre-tax reimbursement funds
Short and Long Term Disability, Free Basic Life and AD&D
401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor contributions after 1 year of employment
All positions at PPGNY require:
Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY’s education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.