Health Care Associate (Medical Assistant) - Clifton Park
Clifton Park, NY /
Clinical – Clinical Services - Health Center Based /
Planned Parenthood of Greater NY (PPGNY) is seeking Health Care Associates to join our Clinical Services team. These Health Care Associates are based at our Clifton Park Health Center, located at 1673 Route 9, Clifton Park, NY 12065.
This is an exciting and important time at Planned Parenthood of Greater NY. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers that prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
What the Health Care Associate does:
- Works flexibly and cooperatively with the multidisciplinary team to provide and champion excellence in customer service
- Provides individual support and education to patients for all services
- Assists patients as needed with completion of medical/social history and enters information in health record
- Obtains required informed consent for medical services and clinical research
- Assists medical providers in the procedure/exam rooms with the provision of clinical services and surgical services
- Maintains an updated inventory of supplies needed for the daily provision of services
- Ensures procedure/exam rooms properly prepared, cleaned and stocked according to agency guidelines
- Medical Assistant certification from an accredited school or program
- Minimum 1 year of work experience as a Medical Assistant
- A demonstrated commitment to PPGNY’s mission related to bodily autonomy, health equity, and gender and racial justice
- Experience with Electronic Health Records
- Superior customer service and teamwork skills
- Flexibility in work schedule including non-consecutive workdays, evenings or Saturdays
- You are interested in expanding your analysis and knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society, and are committed to building and/or deepening your commitment to racial equity in your work
- Work experience in Sexual Reproductive Health
- Work experience in Phlebotomy, Urinalysis, Pregnancy Testing, Rapid HIV Testing
- Knowledge of Medicaid screening
PPGNY's benefits package includes:
Generous PTO and holiday schedule
Medical, dental and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
FSA, HSA, Commuter pre-tax reimbursement funds
Short and Long Term Disability, Free Basic Life and AD&D
401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor contributions after 1 year of employment
All positions at PPGNY require:
Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY’s education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.