Center Director - Brooklyn
Brooklyn, NY /
Clinical – Clinical Services - Health Center Based /
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York is seeking a Center Director for our Brooklyn location. This position will be on our Clinical Services team, and will be based at our Joan Malin Brooklyn Health Center located at 44 Court St 6th floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201
This is an exciting and important time at Planned Parenthood of Greater New York . We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) stands strong as a trusted provider of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care, an accurate source of sexual health information, and a steadfast partner in the ongoing fight to achieve sexual and reproductive justice, especially health and racial equity. Working at PPGNY is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers that prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
What the Center Director does:
- Assumes responsibility for managing all aspects of the financial and clinical operations of the Joan Malin Brooklyn Health Center.
- Participates in Senior Management Team and participates in clinical and agency wide and external committee meetings and activities as required.
- Implements PPGNY’s clinical programs and new services by acting within established policies to meet program goals.
- Financial management of the Center including the development and implementation of programs and services necessary to achieve targets identified in the annual business plan. Monitors and is accountable for achieving the annual budget for the Center and taking corrective actions as necessary to assure compliance with financial objectives.
- Provides for excellence in customer services by modeling behaviors and practices with staff. Works to ensure customer retention and customer satisfaction by providing rationale for staff to understand the mission and business consequences of successful customer interaction. Accountable for achieving defined visit time parameters.
- Manages staff productivity against measures set in Clinical Services. Responsible for action to achieve defined standards for productivity.
- Participates in the development of public and non-public grant work plans. Monitors activities of these work plans to ensure compliance with all activities and measures.
- Requires 5+ years of related and/or applicable experience, 2 or more of which must be in a supervisory capacity in a health care facility.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of the role that racial inequity plays in our society and its impact on healthcare systems and institutions, and consistently integrate your deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects.
- Ambulatory experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English
PPGNY's benefits package includes:
Generous PTO and holiday schedule
Medical, dental and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
FSA, HSA, Commuter pre-tax reimbursement funds
Short and Long Term Disability, Free Basic Life and AD&D
401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor contributions after 1 year of employment
All positions at PPGNY require:
Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY’s education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.