Annual Fund Manager
Manhattan, New York - Admin Offices /
Development – Development /
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York is seeking an Annual Fund Manager for our Manhattan location. This position will be on our Development team, and will be based 26 Bleecker St., New York, NY 10012.
This is an exciting and important time at Planned Parenthood of Greater New York . We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) stands strong as a trusted provider of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care, an accurate source of sexual health information, and a steadfast partner in the ongoing fight to achieve sexual and reproductive justice, especially health and racial equity. Working at PPGNY is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers that prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
The Annual Fund Manager develops and implements fundraising strategies for individual giving, with an emphasis on direct response solicitations to mid-level donors. Staffs the Board of Directors on the annual letter writing campaign and monitors campaign progress. Drafts solicitation letters, thank you letters, updates, and campaign materials. Creates a cultivation strategy for first-time and current donors, including donor-centric updates and events. Responsible for the day to day operations of the individual giving program
What the Annual Fund Manager does:
- Implements fundraising strategies to grow revenue from individual donors. Works closely with the Vice President of Individual Giving and Philanthropy Officers to manage and solicit donors not assigned to portfolios. Improves the donor experience by tailoring appeals and updates according to interests. With guidance from Development colleagues, creates a cultivation strategy for prospects and mid-level donors.
- Assumes chief responsibility for PPGNY’s annual campaign including implementing a solicitation schedule, staffing the Board of Directors on letter writing, monitoring progress, and regularly providing updates to all stakeholders.
- Oversees the production of campaign materials, year-end appeal, and other solicitations, working with vendors to develop collateral, copy, and creatives.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the individual giving program, including answering donor inquiries.
- Manages a Development Associate, who will provide support for all individual campaign efforts.
- Supports Vice President of Individual Giving and Events, as well as Chief Development Officer, with timely updates, collateral, and other stewardship pieces for their respective portfolios.
- Drafts thank you letters, written updates, solicitation letters, and campaign materials to maximize PPGNY’s needs to the donor community
- Generates reports and uses analysis to identify high-value donors for upgrade strategies. Monitors donor research findings and program results to identify opportunities for donor engagement. Develops systems to strengthen the pipeline of donors based on research and analytics.
- Runs appropriate reports and analysis from Raiser’s Edge for strategic planning and year-end review.
- Work with Chief Development Officer and Vice President of Individual Giving and Events to generate a comprehensive strategy for growing a tailored mid-level program; works to create compelling collateral and other tactics for the successful launch of our program
- 2 + years of non-profit fundraising
- Donor database software experience and familiar with donor research practices
- Knowledgeable about fundraising best practices with a record of accomplishment growing philanthropic revenue and donor engagement.
- Experience generating visibility and fundraising growth through entrepreneurial approaches.
- Comfortable working with high-level volunteers from all sectors and knowledge about New York philanthropy and donors.
- Ability to multi-task with an attention to detail.
- A demonstrated commitment to PPGNY’s mission related to bodily autonomy, health equity, and gender and racial justice.
- A demonstrated commitment to learning about and enhancing practices related to racial equity and its impact on healthcare systems.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, including an ability to work and build trust across cultural differences related to related to race, class, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or ability; and to reflect on one’s personal identity with humility.
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge NXT
PPGNY's benefits package includes:
Generous PTO and holiday schedule
Medical, dental and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
FSA, HSA, Commuter pre-tax reimbursement funds
Short and Long Term Disability, Free Basic Life and AD&D
401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor contributions after 1 year of employment
All positions at PPGNY require:
Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY’s education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.