Manhattan, New York - Admin Offices /
Development – Development /
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York is seeking a Philanthropy Officer for our Manhattan location. This position will be on our Development team, and will be based 26 Bleecker St., New York, NY 10012.
This is an exciting and important time at Planned Parenthood of Greater New York . We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) stands strong as a trusted provider of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care, an accurate source of sexual health information, and a steadfast partner in the ongoing fight to achieve sexual and reproductive justice, especially health and racial equity. Working at PPGNY is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers that prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
The Philanthropy Officer manages the process of qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding mid-level and major individual donors in New York City. Increases giving from individuals by cultivating prospects/donors and soliciting gifts through face-to-face meetings and written appeals. Builds and manages a portfolio of 100+ donors, utilizing entrepreneurial ideas to create cultivation and upgrade strategies. Creates compelling proposals, letters, and other donor communications.
What the Philanthropy Officer does:
- Increases contributions from individuals through cultivation activities and direct solicitation, via personalized correspondence, donor meetings, and events. Builds and manages a targeted portfolio of 100+ mid-level and major donors and closes a specific number of gifts each year to meet specific annual goals and objectives.
- Participates in regular portfolio review and routinely qualifies donors for further engagement through discovery calls and visits. Maintains a high level of contact with prospects/donors with an emphasis on building relationships with first-time donors.
- With the Vice President, conceives and implements a strategy to increase contributions from individuals for Planned Parenthood of Greater New York Votes PAC, and related entities. Manages a portfolio of mid-level and major donors who give politically and combines c3 asks with PPGNY Votes PAC asks when appropriate. Closes a specific number of gifts each year for Planned Parenthood NYC Votes, and related entities.
- Works collaboratively with the individual giving team to support collective goals, including portfolio development, attending fundraising events and supporting other special projects.
- With limited oversight, prepares reports, briefing materials, correspondence, proposals, and related documents for solicitation of prospects. Conveys PPGNY’s needs in persuasive and fresh ways.
- Completes all responsibilities according to established protocols, policies and standard practices in the areas of customer service, ADA and regulatory compliance programs such as HIPAA. Works effectively with volunteers.
- Performs other educational and experienced related duties or projects as required.
- 5+ years of non-profit fundraising including front-line solicitation
- Outstanding prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Confident when initiating donor calls and meetings
- Strong writing ability with extreme attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about fundraising best practices and experience generating revenue growth through donor outreach
- A demonstrated commitment to PPGNY’s mission related to bodily autonomy, health equity, and gender and racial justice
- A demonstrated commitment to learning about and enhancing practices related to racial equity and its impact on healthcare systems
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, including an ability to work and build trust across cultural differences related to related to race, class, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or ability; and to reflect on one’s personal identity with humility
- Knowledge of New York City philanthropy and donors preferred
PPGNY's benefits package includes:
Generous PTO and holiday schedule
Medical, dental and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
FSA, HSA, Commuter pre-tax reimbursement funds
Short and Long Term Disability, Free Basic Life and AD&D
401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor contributions after 1 year of employment
All positions at PPGNY require:
Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY’s education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.