Business Associate (Medical Receptionist) - Amsterdam, NY
Amsterdam, NY /
Clinical – Clinical Services - Health Center Based /
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York is seeking a Business Associate to join our Clinical Services team. This Business Associate is based at our Amsterdam Health Center located at 4803 State Highway/30 KEM Plaza, Amsterdam, NY 12010. This is a part time opportunity, scheduled for 27.25 hours a week, with some potential for additional hours.
This is an exciting and important time at Planned Parenthood of Greater New York(PPGNY) . We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York stands strong as a trusted provider of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care, an accurate source of sexual health information, and a steadfast partner in the ongoing fight to achieve sexual and reproductive justice, especially health and racial equity. Working at PPGNY is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers that prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
What the Business Associate does:
- Assembles and maintains all medical records according to PPGNY and regulatory requirements
- Performs all tasks necessary for patient medical services including registration and processing of payment for services using Practice Management System
- Understands and commits to customer oriented health care delivery
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years of related and/or applicable experience, including prior experience in customer service, coding (preferably ICD9-CM), and general knowledge of medical records functions, i.e. terminal digit filing system, master patient index, etc.
- Superior customer service and teamwork skills
- You are interested in expanding your analysis and knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society, and are committed to building and/or deepening your commitment to racial equity in your work
- Flexibility in work schedule - must be able to work evenings and Saturdays
- Experience with Electronic Health Records
PPGNY's benefits package includes:
Generous PTO and holiday schedule
Medical, dental and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
FSA, HSA, Commuter pre-tax reimbursement funds
Short and Long Term Disability, Free Basic Life and AD&D
401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor contributions after 1 year of employment
All positions at PPGNY require:
Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY’s education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.