New York, All Locations /
External Affairs – Communications and Marketing /
At Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY), our greatest strengths are the employees who empower every individual with the information, resources, and care they need to live happy, healthy lives.
We are a team of trusted health care providers, educators, and fierce advocates committed to advancing equity and improving health outcomes in communities that face systemic barriers to quality, innovative sexual and reproductive health services -- including birth control, pregnancy testing, emergency contraception, cancer screenings, STI testing and treatment, HIV testing and prevention, transgender hormone therapy, wellness exams, crisis counseling, and financial counseling. PPGNY also proudly provides compassionate, nonjudgmental abortion services.
Picture yourself here: When you join PPGNY as the Marketing Director you will be responsible for designing and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies that build power for PPGNY, engage new and existing patients, win advocacy issues, and amplify PPGNY as a leader in sexual and reproductive health care, education, and advocacy. The Marketing Director manages PPGNY’s marketing budget and allocates resources amongst projects throughout the organization. He/She/They employs unique marketing techniques to reach a wide range of audiences on digital platforms, out of home, print media, and strategic partnerships for all PPGNY entities including PPGNY Action Fund and PPGNY Votes PAC. The Marketing Director also cultivates positive relationships with brands and agencies that support PPGNY’s mission through fundraising and partnership integrations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and campaigns online and out of home that advance PPGNY’s mission.
- Work with clinical operations and data teams to ensure alignment on marketing priorities and assess the impact of data-driven campaigns.
- Manage marketing components and budgets for multiple grants and meet strict deadlines for grant reports and deliverables.
- Oversee advertising budget in collaboration with VP of Communications + Marketing.
- Provide regular reports on marketing campaigns, conversions, and ROI where possible.
- Create content for all marketing campaigns, including overarching strategy and target audience, asset development including building landing pages and writing copy.
- Write and produce content for patient recruitment emails announcing new services, hours, and updates. Work with Clinical Operations to determine the best avenues for communicating with patients.
- Write marketing emails for EveryAction (CRM), including advertising, engagement, fundraising, and build and emails.
- Manage, produce, and write content for PPGNY Action Fund’s blog and Medium page.
- Hire content producers, photographers, videographers, and illustrators for PPGNY video projects, events, and other projects as needed.
- Manage translation process of all bilingual marketing assets.
- Provide support with managing PPGNY’s social media presence, including posting and responding to comments, and reporting on analytics.
- Develop and update brand guidelines including brand books, health center style guides, etc.
- Provide training for staff and others as needed on PPGNY’s brand and voice.
- Review materials from other departments for PPGNY’s brand and voice and provide guidance and updates as needed.
- Manage relationships with external marketing consultants and vendors.
- A demonstrated commitment to PPGNY’s mission related to bodily autonomy, health equity, and gender and racial justice
- A demonstrated commitment to learning about and enhancing practices related to racial equity and its impact on healthcare systems.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, including an ability to work and build trust across cultural differences related to related to race, class, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or ability; and to reflect on one’s personal identity with humility
Marketing Strategy + Implementation – 35%
Content Creation + Management – 35%
Brand Guidance + Oversight – 15%
Vendor Management – 15%
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain focused and calm in stressful situations
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively as part of team
- Working knowledge of online advertising platforms such as Google Ads and Facebook advertising
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google suite or similar software
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Canva design platform and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfort with CMS and CRM platforms
- Proficient with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Thorough knowledge of marketing strategies and principles
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, as well as out-of-home marketing
- Phenomenal content creator who can illustrate the nuances of sexual and reproductive health care, rights, and justice
- Acute awareness of reproductive justice and the intersectionality of race and reproductive health rights
- Appreciation of brand and marketing standards; proven methods and tools to enforce brand identity and consistency across all projects.
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Outstanding time management skills, including the ability to work under deadline
- The ability to produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment with changing and/or competing priorities
- Superior relationship-building, communication and negotiation skills within cross-functional teams
- Well-developed problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build and lead high-performing teams
Subject Matter Knowledge
High school diploma/GED
Formal education in marketing, advertising or related field, or a strong portfolio of campaigns and work samples
Minimum work experience
5-7 years of experience in brand and marketing, or a related communications field
Expertise in marketing within the health care field and/or an advocacy or nonprofit organization
Experience working across multiple political entities
We are working on an ADA compliant physical demands section.
PPGNY's benefits package includes:
Generous PTO and holiday schedule
Medical, dental and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
FSA, HSA, Commuter pre-tax reimbursement funds
Short and Long Term Disability, Free Basic Life and AD&D
401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor contributions after 1 year of employment
All positions at PPGNY require:
Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season and Covid-19) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY’s education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.