Vice President, Health Center Operations
Schenectady, NY /
Clinical – Clinical Services - Administration /
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York is seeking a Vice President of Health Center Operations . This position will be based in Schenectady, NY.
The Vice President of Health Center Operations will provide leadership for the strategic planning and delivery of clinical services programs, assuming responsibility for the operational oversight of PPGNY’s health centers in Southern Central, NY
This is an exciting and important time at Planned Parenthood of Greater New York . We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) stands strong as a trusted provider of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care, an accurate source of sexual health information, and a steadfast partner in the ongoing fight to achieve sexual and reproductive justice, especially health and racial equity. Working at PPGNY is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers that prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
What You’ll Do:
- Process Improvement - assess and implement the actions and processes which improve patient outcomes, expand access and expand services. Align the organization to a shared vision and interpretation of patient-focused, quality care. Ensure optimal service delivery and quality outcomes for internal and external customers. Drive consistency across the operations and delivery of services across our health centers. Reports on monthly KPIs and oversees the development and implementation of corrective action plans as they relate to improvement in performance on KPIs.
- Enhancing patient experience – accountable for oversight of the process for patient scheduling and access, including developing of schedules, communication with Call Center and efficiency and flow from a patient perspective. Monitor Press-Gainey scores, repeat patients and patient outcomes using data to drive continuous improvement.
- Change agent – innovate and integrate cultural and operational change to maximize the quality of services while minimizing costs and increasing productivity. Develop effective, positive relationships across the organization in an interdisciplinary approach to lead, role model, collaborate, influence and effectuate change.
- Fiscal stewardship - develop and manage the health center operating and capital budgets and growth strategies. Monitor the financial performance of the health centers and take corrective action as necessary. Oversee the monitoring of health center visits and payor mix in relation to staff productivity, visit and revenue targets.
- Drive high performance teams – leadership of clinical operations team and all staff who directly touch our patients. Inspire and engage intra-departmental teams, and cross-functional teams, to enhance communication, problem solving, and sharing of resources in support of center operations, departmental and organizational goals. Develop strong team through coaching, performance management and team building.
- Compliance - ensures that health centers meet regulatory, accreditation and grant requirements.
- Equity - in partnership with COO, strengthen the internal culture of data and accountability with the centering and application of a race equity lens in all programs, services, and performance management
Who You Are:
- Unwavering Belief - in our mission and conviction about health and racial equity and bodily autonomy.
- Leadership and Organization—exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect clinical staff both on an individual level and in groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower staff from the bottom up, lead from the top down.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; a “take-charge” individual;
- Communicator – able to effectively interact both verbally and in writing at all levels in an organization from line to C-level.
- Results-proven Track Record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of clinical understanding and clinical management required.
- Multi-tasking – able to function across multiple locations, priorities and time frames.
What Qualifies You:
- Deep, abiding belief in PPGNY’s mission, especially as related to health equity and bodily autonomy
- MPH, MPA or MBA or similar
- You have a demonstrated understanding of the role that racial inequity plays in our society and its impact on healthcare systems and institutions, and consistently integrate your deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects.
- 10+ years of work experience in administration and operations in healthcare at a leadership level
- Work experience in an ambulatory care, hospital or similar environment
- Management of 30+ professional level clinical and non-clinical direct reports in a complex, multi-location environment, including performance management, training and development
- Work experience with regulatory compliance in a health care setting
- Thorough understanding a full range of business functions IHR, Finance) and systems
- Track record driving productivity to improve P&L results
- Process orientation with exposure to LEAN, SixSigma or Agile
- Successfully developed programs to deliver high quality customer service and excellence in healthcare
- Understanding of grant- funded clinical enterprises
- Experience implementing technology advances in EMR, staff scheduling, patient access and metrics
PPGNY's benefits package includes:
Generous PTO and holiday schedule
Medical, dental and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
FSA, HSA, Commuter pre-tax reimbursement funds
Short and Long Term Disability, Free Basic Life and AD&D
401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor contributions after 1 year of employment
All positions at PPGNY require:
Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY’s education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.