Float Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Kansas City, MO /
Kansas City, MO Metro Health Services /
Assess the gynecological and family planning needs of patients including ordering, interpreting, and recording results of clinical tests, prescribes medications and makes recommendations for other forms of treatment, including birth control. The Float Nurse Practitioner will supplement the Kansas City metro health centers for other Nurse Practitioner's time off.
- Fully committed to Planned Parenthood’s mission to support the rights of individuals regarding family planning and reproductive health care.
- Provides quality reproductive health care services including exams, diagnosis, treatment, education and counseling for clients in accordance with PPGP protocols.
- Serves as a medical resource for other licensed and non-licensed staff, as well as providing leadership in all aspects of comprehensive clinical services.
- Secures a complete health history, including gynecologic, contraceptive, medical, surgical, sexual, family health, and psychosocial; and records findings accurately and succinctly.
- Performs physical examinations with special emphasis on the reproductive system, including breast examinations, pelvic examination, cancer screening tests, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and other types of more specialized procedures as may be indicated by medical policy.
- After observation and approval, provides direct medical care to patients for all core services, including but not limited to family planning services.
- Participates in accomplishing customer-focused goals. Provides referrals and assures follow-up.
- Performs, orders and interprets diagnostic studies as indicated and permitted by affiliate medical protocols.
- Consults with Medical Director and other Clinicians to ensure compliance with standards and guidelines.
- Provides relevant health instruction to include family planning, nutrition, sexual counseling, and principles of health promotion and maintenance.
- Master's degree and certification as a Nurse Practitioner in specialty area based on RN license and state authority for advanced practice required.
- Valid licenses and DEA in Missouri and Kansas required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including Saturdays and evenings.
- Ability to travel to health center locations in Missouri and Kansas.
- Experience in Women’s Health preferred. New Nurse Practitioner (NP) graduates welcome to apply.
- Experience with electronic medical records systems (NextGen) preferred.
- Bilingual fluency a plus.
EOE/AA—PPGP is an equal-opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQIA.
THE WORK OF PPGP
Planned Parenthood Great Plains has been a leading provider of sexual and reproductive health care for nearly 85 years, serving women, men, and families in communities across Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. Each year, we provide care to nearly 30,000 people in our 11 health centers and reach nearly 5,500 people through our comprehensive sex education programming. We believe that every person deserves to have access to the resources and information they need in order to make decisions about their own health.
PPGP is working to expand and revitalize its health center footprint in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma regions, and reinvigorate its education, outreach, and advocacy initiatives to educate a new generation of reproductive health and rights supporters and to promote greater access to affordable contraception, preventive treatment, safe abortion, and other critical reproductive health services.
As an affiliate of, and accredited by, the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), PPGP operates 11 high-quality health centers throughout Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma, with a centralized call center and online appointment scheduling. PPGP serves people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse needs. PPGP currently provides reproductive health services in Little Rock AR; Wichita, KS; Columbia, MO; the Kansas City metro area; and Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OK. The medical staff includes board certified OB/GYN and family medicine physicians, as well as nurse practitioners. PPGP’s nurse practitioners collaborate with physicians to provide sexual and reproductive health care, perform examinations, and diagnose and treat infections. PPGP accepts Medicaid and private insurance in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Our health centers provided comprehensive reproductive health services to nearly 30,000 patients.
PPGP provides comprehensive, age-appropriate sexuality education to more than 5,500 participants each year across our four states. Our education programs promote responsible behavior and honest communication with peers, parents and adults. Teens are given information about how to deal with social pressure and are given medically accurate information about contraception. Programs offer a variety of interactive sexuality education presentations to schools, churches, and community groups on a broad range of topics.
PPGP is a leading advocate for the sexual and reproductive rights of women and men in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma, working tirelessly to block legislation that restricts access to sex education, contraception, and abortion. To conduct more in-depth advocacy efforts, PPGP created Planned Parenthood Great Plains Votes (PPGPV), a sister corporation of PPGP organized under IRS Section 501(c)4. This classification allows PPGPV to engage in political activities and make additional lobbying expenditures that would not be allowed under PPGP’s 501(c)3 tax status. PPGPV maintains professional lobbying programs in Little Rock, Topeka, Jefferson City, and Oklahoma City; monitors federal, state and local legislation and analyzes its effects on PPGP and our patients; informs supporters about proposed legislation and encourages contact with their legislators; and recruits, trains and supports volunteers to work in a variety of advocacy roles.