Development Database Administrator
Dallas, TX (North)
Development – Development
Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
Retirement plan and employer match
Generous Paid Time Off.
Plus Additional Benefits.
Position Title: Development Database Administrator
Location: Dallas, TX (North)
Reports To: Director of Grants and Development Operations
Employment Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
- The Development Database Administrator for Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (PPGT) is responsible for the management of donor data contained in Raiser's Edge (RE) and is responsible site maintenance, data integrity, and staff training within the Development Department. Analyzes and reports on key donor metrics and financial tracking. Prepares aggregate lists and budgetary reports for clear communication of data to the Development team and leadership. Ensures productivity expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organization’s mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Essential Job Functions & Expectations
- Produces weekly, monthly, quarterly, and any other necessary reports for staff and board.
- Creates complex database queries, exports, and segmented mailing lists for the department.
- Creates and assists other users with Crystal Reports.
- Set ups and maintains Raiser’s Edge dashboards.
- Handles global changes, data imports, and other global database functions.
- Maintains the structure of attributes, code tables, business rules and other setup functions.
- Maintains data integrity by establishing and conducting regular system checks, such as looking for records without constituent codes or addressees/salutations. Completes regular review of development transactions to ensure accurate data and gift entry.
- Provides Raiser’s Edge training to staff and volunteers and assists with Raiser’s Edge questions
- Assists the Director of Grants and Development Operations with establishing and maintaining Raiser’s Edge policies and procedures.
- Assists the Director of Grants and Development Operations with monthly reconciliation of development revenue, pledge payments, and pledge balances with the Finance department.
- Assures compliance with the Board of Director’s governance policies on development as well as the standards established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
- Serves as a role model for staff in quality of work, competence, standards of behavior, initiative, teamwork, and compliance with affiliate policies.
- May manage volunteers for area of responsibility.
- Provides input for the annual Development work plan.
- Represents the affiliate at meetings, community events, conferences, and fundraising events, as appropriate.
- Has restricted access to client private health information and has no reason to view protected health information (PHI). May have access to data that is not considered PHI, such as aggregate numbers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a wide variety of disciplines (8 years of related experience may be substituted for education).
- Must have 3 years database query or reporting experience. Raiser’s Edge experience strongly preferred. Development experience preferred.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet. Must have the willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances or new technology. Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel within and outside affiliate region as job dictates.
- Must be able to organize, analyze and synthesize large amounts of information and data.
- Ability to manage details and complexity, to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and to work under pressure.
- Ability to effectively use affiliate’s computer systems.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
- Must be pleasant, courteous and helpful.
- Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
- Possess integrity and compliance – can be relied upon to act ethically.
- Demonstrates cultural and linguistic competence.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Straightforwardness: Communicates with those who have a need to know information rather than speaking behind someone’s back. Expresses ideas and opinions which take into account the best interest of them, others and the affiliate. Resolves disagreements and conflict by truthfully and respectfully expressing impact of others’ actions or words upon them. Actively listens to the ideas and opinions of others.
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
- Work Management: Effectively manages time as a resource; establishes realistic priorities; schedules own time and activities effectively; gives balanced focus and attention to appropriate long- and short-term priorities. Develops action plans and budgets; leverages technology; anticipates obstacles; establishes check points and monitors progress.
- Customer Service Orientation: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external client needs in a manner that exceeds clients’ expectations. Identifies additional needs of the client beyond their current need. Understands and finds solutions within the parameters of what is available. Gains trust and support of peers.
- Analytical Thinking: Breaks down complex problems or tasks, generating detailed action plans. Reviews and evaluates own knowledge and experience as a means of thinking of multiple causes and consequences of events.
- Technical Competence: Remains informed of current developments in the relevant professional area and incorporates new knowledge into job duties; serves as a resource person in area of expertise; applies specialized knowledge and skill to handle the job; uses and applies appropriate technology; actively pursues new professional knowledge in area of expertise.
- Coping with Demands of the Position: Uses effective problem solving while working under stress, high volume of work demands and/or time demands; regularly meets deadlines.
- Celebrates and exemplifies the core values of our organization: Cooperative and Courteous; Honesty, Integrity & Straightforwardness; Inclusive; Quality Service; and Creativity within the context of Best Practices
- Diversity creates a healthier environment: equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, past, present or prospective military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, socio-economic circumstances, language spoken, or any other characteristics protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”). We maintain a drug-free workplace. Should be pleasant, neat, and well-groomed in representing the agency to the general public.
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, or typing. Must be able to talk such as convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately. Must be able to hear such as the ability to receive detailed communication orally. Must be able to communicate effectively. Will have substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to lift and/or exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Must be able to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects. Office environment/Sedentary.