Annual Giving Associate
Dallas, TX (North)
Development – Development
Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
Retirement plan and employer match
Generous Paid Time Off.
Plus Additional Benefits.
Position Title: Annual Giving Associate
Location: Dallas, TX (North)
Reports To: Director of Annual Giving
Employment Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
- The Annual Giving Associate provides administrative support for the Annual Giving function within the Development department. This position assists in the organization’s fundraising efforts by developing written materials for the department, which includes writing appeal letters, donor correspondence, electronic solicitations, and other donor communications. Ensures productivity expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organization’s mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Essential Job Functions & Expectations
- Assists in preparing, drafting, and copy-editing communications for fundraising mailings including annual solicitations, direct mail, and other stewardship activities.
- Assists with donor correspondence, including acknowledgement letters for donors below $5,000, stewardship of donors below $1,000, reoccurring donors, and other donor communications.
- Uses the development database to produce accurate, timely donor acknowledgement letters, update donor information, and run standardized reports.
- Assists with electronic solicitations for the Development Department including, but not limited to, all online giving days.
- Participates in Development staff meetings.
- Maintains current records in database and in paper files.
- May be responsible for other fundraising projects as requested.
- Assures compliance with the Board of Director’s governance policies on development as well as the standards established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Assures that all fundraising materials and any communication with the public maintain the highest standards of integrity and honesty.
- Maintains knowledge of abortion and family planning regulations and implements changes as necessary.
- Has restricted access to client private health information and has no reason to view protected health information (PHI). May have access to data that is not considered PHI, such as aggregate numbers.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- H/S Diploma or equivalent. Related Bachelor’s degree desired.
- 4 years of administrative or related experience or equivalent education. Fundraising and/or communications experience preferred, ideally in a non-profit environment.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet. Must have the willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances or new technology. Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of internal and external customer satisfaction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulately written acknowledgement letters
- Skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Possess effective analytical skills.
- Ability to manage details and complexity, to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and to work under pressure.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with discussing topics relating to sexual and reproductive health.
- Ability to exercise initiative, and sound judgment in the decision-making process.
- Ability to effectively use organization’s computer systems.
- Must be pleasant, courteous and helpful.
- Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
- Possess integrity and compliance – can be relied upon to act ethically.
- Demonstrates cultural and linguistic competence.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Affiliate Knowledge: Understands the mission and structure of the affiliate and exhibits agency’s core values.
- Work Management: Effectively manages time as a resource; establishes realistic priorities; schedules own time and activities effectively; gives balanced focus and attention to appropriate long- and short-term priorities. Develops action plans and budgets; leverages technology; anticipates obstacles; establishes check points and monitors progress.
- Recovery Skills: Responds effectively and acknowledges responsibilities when clients (internal or external) experience problems or mistakes; rectifies the situation to restore client satisfaction; seeks information and collaborates with others to take action to implement permanent fixes. Maintains stable performance and emotions when faced with opposition, pressure, and or stressful conditions.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity: Acts in a way that indicates understanding and accurate interpretation of others’ concerns, feelings, strengths and limitations. Uses interpersonal understanding to shape one’s own response.
- Adaptability or Flexibility: Responds with flexibility to shifting priorities and changing work situations; recovers quickly from problems and setbacks; develops new skills to remain competitive. Adapts easily to change, sees the merits of differing positions, and adapts own positions and strategies in response to new information or changes to a situation.
- Coping with Demands of the Position: Uses effective problem solving while working under stress, high volume of work demands and/or time demands; regularly meets deadlines.
- Celebrates and exemplifies the core values of our organization: Cooperative and Courteous; Honesty, Integrity & Straightforwardness; Inclusive; Quality Service; and Creativity within the context of Best Practices.
- Diversity creates a healthier environment: equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, past, present or prospective military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, socio-economic circumstances, language spoken, or any other characteristics protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”). We maintain a drug-free workplace. Should be pleasant, neat, and well-groomed in representing the agency to the general public.
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to move about on foot to accomplish tasks, such as moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, or typing. Must be able to talk such as convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately. Must be able to hear such as the ability to receive detailed communication orally. Must be able to communicate effectively. Will have substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to lift and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Must be able to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Sedentary/Office environment.