Lead Medical Assistant - Wicker Park
Chicago, IL /
Wicker Park Health Center /
Just a few of the Benefits enjoyed by PPIL employees…
-Company subsidized premiums on Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
-Up to 12 weeks Paid Parental Leave for eligible employees
-Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
-Mission focused work
-401k with employer matching
-100% company-paid Life Insurance
-100% company-paid Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
-Robust Employee Assistance Program
-Professional Development awards and opportunities
-Flexible Spending Accounts
-Free Medical Services at PPIL
This position includes a sign-on/retention/competency bonus of $2,000 that is paid throughout the first year of employment ($500 on the first paycheck).
Planned Parenthood of Illinois is compliant with Governor Pritzker’s 8/26/21 Executive Order covering Healthcare Workers. Furthermore, all staff at Planned Parenthood of Illinois are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 10/15/21. Planned Parenthood of Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and reasonable accommodations will be provided based on religious beliefs and to those with disabilities.
The Lead RHA provides direct patient care, supervises RHA staff in absence of the Health Center Manager, trains and develops RHA staff, and assists with audit preparation. This position is under the supervision of the Health Center Manager.
1) Provide direct patient care as scheduled, in compliance with all Planned Parenthood of Illinois protocols and procedures, to include educating and counseling patients in reproductive health matters, performing routine lab tests, maintaining medical records and logs, scheduling patients and responding in a professional manner to the needs of the patients, and participating in health center efforts to achieve medical visit and productivity goals.
2) Assume operational responsibility for the health center activities in the absence of Health Center Management, including supervising RHA staff, and assuming responsibility for the efficient functioning of daily health center operations.
3) As assigned by health center manager, provide RHA training and development.
4) Manage inventory in coordination with health center manager/assistant manager.
5) Assist in the preparation for health center audits including QA, Medicaid and Title X.
6) Practice a market and customer oriented approach to health care delivery, including the identification of trends and issues relevant to the local community and health care industry, the health center, and to Planned Parenthood of Illinois in general. Participate in responding to and maximizing organizational benefits resulting from trends identification.
7) Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self-determination, and stewardship; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
1) Demonstrate proficiency in all appropriate RHA job responsibilities. Provide direct care as scheduled.
2) Assume operational responsibility for all health center activities in the absence of the Health Center Management, including proactively responding to problems, complaints, or issues which arise in the course of business
3) Assist management to ensure efficient functioning of daily service operations including clinic flow, patient scheduling and provision of care
4) Assist in the clerical and informational tasks related to proper follow-up of patients according to the protocols and procedures of PPIL.
5) Process records, logs and be accountable for money as directed and assigned by the health center manager.
6) As assigned, coordinate inventory maintenance and ordering of lab supplies in conjunction with health center manager/assistant manager.
7) Take personal responsibility to remain informed about family planning and abortion services, other services offered by PPIL, and PPIL protocols, policies and procedures, to give regular feedback to the Health Center Manager regarding training and continuing education needs.
8) Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of respect, knowledge, responsibility, choice, health, compassion and access; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
9) Other duties as assigned.
The physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, read, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to type, handle, or feel and reach. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Health Center Manager.
Full-time. Non-Exempt from the overtime provisions of the wage and salary regulations.
Education: Completion of an accredited high school program or equivalent required; further education and/or training preferred. Additional training and/or education in reproductive health or medical services necessary.
Experience: Demonstrated ability in the duties and responsibilities of RHA III position. Previous professional experience with the provision of family planning services is necessary. Previous medical laboratory and/or counseling experience required, as well as familiarity with computer databases.
Personal & Professional Qualities: Commitment to the efficient and customer-oriented provision of services, as well as a commitment to the operating goals and philosophies of Planned of Illinois.
Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate with patients, the public, staff, and volunteers in a professional, warm, and sensitive manner. Bi-lingual ability in Spanish or other languages common to the area is helpful.
High energy level, organizational skills and attention to detail required. Willingness to participate in a team approach to health care.
Must be willing and able to work a schedule that may include evening and weekend hours, and to work at other PPIL centers if needed.
Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours, and to work at other PPIL centers if needed.
Planned Parenthood works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff based on factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, income, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.