Aurora, IL /
Contact Center /
Just a few of the Benefits enjoyed by PPIL employees…
-Company subsidized premiums on Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
-Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
-401k with employer matching
-100% company-paid Life Insurance
-100% company-paid Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
-Robust Employee Assistance Program
-Professional Development awards and opportunities
-Flexible Spending Accounts
-Free Medical Services at PPIL
-No mandatory call for clinical staff
This position includes a sign-on/retention/competency bonus of $2,000 that is paid throughout the first year of employment ($500 on the first paycheck).
Planned Parenthood of Illinois is compliant with Governor Pritzker’s 8/26/21 Executive Order covering Healthcare Workers. Furthermore, all staff at Planned Parenthood of Illinois are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 10/15/21. Planned Parenthood of Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and reasonable accommodations will be provided based on religious beliefs and to those with disabilities.
The Phone Specialist I position receives inbound patient calls and books appointments, demonstrating knowledge of PPIL services and fees, while providing professional and customer-oriented phone service to a diverse group of clients. This position works under the supervision of the Contact Center Manager.
1. Demonstrate proficiency in all duties related to:
•answering telephones and scheduling appointments
•responding to customer needs and inquiries
•triaging medical calls
•knowledge of fees, and ability to accurately quote fees for services
•providing client-centered customer service
•providing financial counseling for patients who may need reduced fee or payment options through Subsidy Funds
•accurately collect insurance information for verification in the Billing Dept. and effectively relate necessary information to patients
2. Within six months’ time, complete all required training for level I proficiencies and standards. Demonstrate ability to achieve and maintain level I Contact Center standards:
•Average talk time of four minutes or less for AB calls and/or three minutes or less for FP calls
•Total auxiliary time of less than 20 minutes per day
•Error rate of 3% or less
3. Ensure, through a professional and open manner, that each patient receives the care and information she/he needs by providing efficient, effective and customer-oriented phone service.
4. Participate in center efforts to:
•comply with organizational quality assurance guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and HIPPA
•achieve efficiency and productivity goals, as well as manage expenses
5. Provide information, assistance and support for clients facing emotional, family, and/or financial problems related to healthcare; provide assistance to clients needing referral for services related to pre-natal care, adoption services, abortion services, financial assistance, and personal family counseling.
6. Assist in the maintenance of PPIL Contact Center equipment and efforts to maintain an efficient, clean, and comfortable Contact Center facility.
7. Take personal responsibility to remain informed about family planning methods, abortion and other services offered by PPIL, and PPIL protocols, policies and procedures, to give regular feedback to the Contact Center Manager regarding training and continuing education needs.
8. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self-determination, and stewardship; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
9. Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle, type, or feel and reach. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Supervisor:Contact Center Manager
Status:Full time. Non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the wage and salary regulations.
Completion of an accredited high school program or equivalent required. Additional training and/or education in call center, reproductive health or medical services are desirable.
Previous professional experience with answering phones and booking appointments is preferred.
Personal & Professional Qualities:
Commitment to the efficient and customer-oriented provision of services as well as a commitment to the operating goals of Planned Parenthood of Illinois.
Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate with patients, the public, staff, and volunteers in a professional, warm, and sensitive manner. Bi-lingual ability in Spanish or other languages common to the Aurora area is helpful.
High energy level, organizational skills and attention to detail required. Willingness to participate in a team approach to health care.
Must be willing and able to work a schedule that may include evening and weekend hours.
Planned Parenthood works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff based on factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, income, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.