Reading Medical Center /
Medical Services /
Planned Parenthood Keystone (PPKey) serves 37 counties in Pennsylvania, home to over half of Pennsylvania residents. We have administrative offices in the Lehigh Valley, Harrisburg, Warminster, and York. We operate 9 medical centers that serve over 22,000 patients annually and offer comprehensive sexuality education that reaches thousands of young adults.
Planned Parenthood Keystone is looking for individuals who are committed to supporting our shared goal of strengthening and enhancing our awareness and commitment to advancing the cause of racial & social justice in our organization.
Planned Parenthood Keystone is looking for qualified part-time Ultrasound Technician interested in joining the dedicated team at our Reading Medical Center. An Ultrasound Technician provides compassionate, confidential and quality ultrasound medical care for the affiliate's abortion program.
- Perform ultrasound medical services in accordance with Planned Parenthood Medical Standards and Guidelines
- Maintain accurate, legible, and succinct medical records
- Work with physicians regarding their needs during the abortion program
- Assist in the maintenance of facility for cleanliness, appropriate instruments, and optimum supply levels. Assist in the maintenance of ultrasound equipment for proper functioning in accordance with the policies and standards of Planned Parenthood and regulatory agencies
- Participate in the quality assurance/risk management process for medical protocols, regulatory agency compliance, HR policies, and workplace safety policies
- Comply with state laws governing abortion services and mandatory reporting
- Competently use the patient information system software in all of its applications
- Maintain patient and medical center confidentiality
- Provide culturally sensitive and quality customer service to all patients/clients
- Ensure a culture that embraces diversity, fair and respectful treatment of all persons, and customer-focused delivery throughout the organization
- Adhere to all HIPAA and patient privacy regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ultrasound Professional Certification required
- Minimum 2 years of health care service or related experience
- Good interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills
- Computer literacy, including competency in affiliate email, Internet, and patient management systems software
- Ability and willingness to travel. Reliable means of transportation
- Strong commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service
- Compensation for this position starts at $29.00 per hour and goes up from there based on experience
Planned Parenthood is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender and gender expression/identity, age, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, uniformed service member/veteran status, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values racial & social justice. We strongly encourage all persons to apply, including people of color and members of the LGBTQ community.