Clinical Operations RN
Administrative Office /
Medical Services /
Planned Parenthood Keystone (PPKey) serves 37 counties in Pennsylvania, home to over half of Pennsylvania residents. We have administrative offices in the Lehigh Valley, Harrisburg, Warminster, and York. We operate 9 medical centers that serve over 22,000 patients annually and offer comprehensive sexuality education that reaches thousands of young adults.
Planned Parenthood Keystone is looking for individuals who are committed to supporting our shared goal of strengthening and enhancing our awareness and commitment to advancing the cause of racial & social justice in our organization.
Planned Parenthood Keystone is looking for a full-time Clinical Operations RN.
The position of Clinical Operations RN is full-time and will provide licensed support, patient care and patient education in PPKey health centers during abortion services. This position will educate and assess newly hired center staff in clinical skills using developed curriculum and provide support to the centralized follow-up nurse position. This position requires flexibility, the ability to travel, excellent clinical and educational skills working with a diverse population, and willingness to work closely with all PPKey departments and medical centers to ensure high-quality care and an excellent patient experience.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Provide Surgical and Recovery Room support on abortion service days as scheduled and PRN
- Administer medications to patients including pain medications, prophylactic antibiotics and procedural sedation
- Monitor orientation, vital signs and bleeding to determine patient stability and readiness for discharge
- Educate patients and support persons on after-care expectations and available support services
- Document completely and accurately in EHR
- Train newly hired center staff in clinical skills using in-class and hands on skill demonstration to build competency
- Assist in the development of clinical training curriculum and protocols
- Provide clinical training for on-boarding staff
- Assess competency of new staff through observation and standardized testing
- Complete annual, biannual and other required competency re-certifications for center staff
- Proficiently support the physician during telehealth medication abortion visits, by performing the following responsibilities within the scope of their licensure, delegation agreement, and at the approval of applicable regulatory bodies
- Support the centralized follow-up nurse role in completion of follow-up duties as assigned
- Review and sign off on clinical lab results in EHR
- Notify patients of abnormal test results and discuss pathophysiology of condition and plan of care. For certain specified abnormal results, inform treating clinician to directly notify and follow up with patient
- Manage the system of timely mailing of appropriate notification and reminder letters
- Communicate with medical center staff via EHR, telephone and email as necessary for follow up
- Consult with the Director of Clinical Services and Medical Director to confirm clinical accuracy and appropriateness of care plans.
- Maintain ongoing communications with Advanced Practice Clinicians (APCs) and other health center staff to ensure continuity of patient care
- Report required positive STI test results using NEDSS to the Pennsylvania Department of Health and maintain documentation of such in the patient record
- Competently use the patient information system software in all of its applications
- Strong critical thinking and clinical skills including sedation, IV placement and phlebotomy management preferred
- BLS certification required
- ACLS and PALS certification to be obtained within 90 days of hire if not already certified
- Up-to-date knowledge of STIs, cervical pathology and other sexual health conditions
- Adhere to all HIPAA and patient privacy regulations
- Experience and facility with EHR, Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving skills in the decision-making process
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate closely with all levels of personnel in various disciplines.
- Ensure a culture that embraces diversity, fair and respectful treatment of all persons, and customer-focused delivery throughout the organization
- Ability to relate to persons of diverse backgrounds and educate them on a range of matters, both clinical and financial
- Ability and willingness to travel. Reliable means of transportation
- Strong commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and active RN license in the state of Pennsylvania
- One year of direct patient care experience required
- Experience in a surgical center or PACU preferred
- Experience conducting adult education or precepting preferred
Salary & Benefits:
- Compensation for this position starts at $28 per hour and goes up from there based on experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
- Short Term Disability
- Life/AD&D and Long Term Disability policy voluntary coverage options
- Generous vacation, leave, and holiday benefits
Planned Parenthood is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender and gender expression/identity, age, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, uniformed service member/veteran status, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values racial & social justice. We strongly encourage all persons to apply, including people of color and members of the LGBTQ community.