Vice President of Development
Operations – Senior Executives
PPM is a thriving Planned Parenthood affiliate with a healthy financial standing and the capacity for expansion of our clinical services as well as our geographic reach. Our mission is to enable all Marylander's to have access to a wide range of high quality, affordable reproductive health care services. By providing medical services, education, training and advocacy, PPM seeks to help individuals make informed decisions about their reproductive health, family planning options, and sexuality.
SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this newly created position will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the development department and as a member of the leadership team will be responsible for setting and achieving the strategic goals of the affiliate. The Vice President of Development is also responsible for managing donor relationships, direct appeals, online giving strategies, and planned gifts. The Vice President will direct and manage the Development Office, which includes three (3) staff members.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of eight (8) years experience in professional fundraising, with particular expertise in major gifts fundraising. At least 5 years of this experience must have been supervising a development team.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Previous experience in managing budgets.
- Proven ability and success in face to face solicitation.
- Experience in event planning.
- Demonstrated ability to be thorough and conscientious in responding to community members, working with staff and board members, and maintaining files.
- Strong commitment to the AFP Code of Ethics.
- Proven ability to work with high-level volunteers, as well as board members.
- Experience in supporting volunteer committees. Ability and eagerness to interact positively with volunteers and board members.
- Ambition, tact and finesse required.
- Success in asking for and closing major gifts and in building and maintaining long term relationships with major individual donors and foundations is required.
- Knowledge of the Maryland fundraising community strongly desired.
PPM has a comprehensive and competitive compensation/benefits program to include employer matched 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, employer paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary and supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave and a generous time off package.
PPM is an equal opportunity employer. It is PPM's policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, military status, physical or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, personal appearance, familial status, political opinion, source of income, occupation, or any other category protected by law.